“Accommodations fit for a King!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Truro
Halifax, Canada
“Accommodations fit for a King!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at Best Western Glengarry along with others on May 16th and I wanted to thank you for the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. I was in 307. It was a bed fit for a king! My highest praise for whoever makes up the beds as it was sheer luxury to slid into it last night and I most certainly didn't want to leave this morning. Everything was absolutely luxurious.

As well, thanks to the person at the front counter and the person who checked my room for my shaving kit after I had left the room and I apologize for having already packed the kit and the person who had to go up to check had to do so even though I had not left it there.

Also, enjoyed the lady who played in the bar and the seven of us enjoyed it greatly and then I met a few guys in the pool and the bartender, a sweet young lady, brought me my order of a glass of red wine in to where I was sitting in the pool area.

Lastly, the complimentary breakfast, and the serving staff, were totally awesome this morning. Everything was beautifully cooked and displayed on beautiful dishes and the breakfast area is once again fit for a king.

My stay with Best Western Glengarry was extraordinary. Thank you for making your hard work my pleasure and relaxation !!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the quieting view from my Room 307 which was the pool and the cottages.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Judy N, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Glengarry Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear David D.
Our whole team here at our property thank you so much for your glowing remarks about our facility, our staff and our service. We always hope that our effort is exceeding our guests expectations but it's really nice to hear from the guest.
We hope you will return to stay with us again when you are in the Truro area!
Regards, Judy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

From the friendly greeting at the front desk, I felt very comfortable here.
A cook to order breakfast in the attached hotel was very welcome.
The rooms were clean and comfortable; with a roomy shower and good quality towels.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Judy N, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Glengarry Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Tombassinger:
Thank you for your great review of our property. We try very hard to exceed our guests expectations and are glad when we succeed. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your hot breakfast and room amenities.
Thank you again and hope you to see you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Mother's Day Brunch at B/W Glengarry Hotel was marvelous - Lots of tables for large groups in the ballroom - but not to close together - it didn't feel crowded at all! Wide tables made conversation possible for all at the table.
Anna on the buffet keep all the food well stocked and carved a mean prime rib of beef - she was very friendly and interacted with a smile and laugh for all!
Denise our server, who gave up her own Mother's Day to serve us with professional aplomb - was very friendly and should be commended for helping make my Mother-In-Law's day very special.
Thank you and congratulations to all the folks at the Best Western Plus Glengarry Hotel - I am convinced that you are once again THE place for special events in Truro!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Caven: Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. Our whole team was very pleased you and your family enjoyed our Mother's Day Brunch. Your nice comments re Anna and Denise were very well received and all our staff work very hard to please the customer.
Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The room was a little cramped two beds in a small space. The room was clean and so was the hotel. I enjoyed the evening dinner. The complimentary breakfast that came with the plus room was more than adequate. Would return.

• Stayed April 2013
Judy N, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Glengarry Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Bustox of Windsor - thank you for your nice review of our property. We try to exceed our guests expectations of hospitality but cleanliness is a must. Our staff are always pleased when we have accomplished our goal. We get lots of compliments on our breakfast service and glad you enjoyed also. Look forward to your return stay with us.
Regards, Judy N
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This would be your basic budget stay. I found everything on the old and worn side. The Lobby is not well thought out. The attached restaurant is not that good. The rooms are looking a little smaller, more drab and have an overall shabby appearance. The pool is old and cold. Service is good. The plus can be its location, for example if you have to attend NSCC for any reason it is very close by, my reason for using this hotel. I prefer the Super 8 and for good reason. In short, this is priced the same as the more modern Super 8 and pales slightly in comparison.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Judy N, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Glengarry Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Shrekman1969
I was disappointed that we failed to live up to your recent expectations but thank you for your review. We take all comments from our guests and address each one as we should.
We are in the middle of a lot of renovations and I'm sure our guests will see a lot of differences in the very near future.
Again, thank you for taking time to review our property.
Regards, Judy N
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have to say that I was very impressed with this hotel's service. I stayed there twice during the week, one night the first time and then two nights later on during my visit to Nova Scotia. The first was a quick in and out. Rooms were clean, spacious. There was a note that there would be no housekeeping that day because it was a holiday and the staff had the day off. Then the unthinkable happened and the hair dryer was dead.. I hesitated to call figuring no one would be able to help me and the manager answered and within 3 minutes I had a man at my door to take a look. No luck and a few minutes later I had a new one to use. When I checked out that day both the manager and front desk gal were very friendly. The next time I was there we had a ground floor room and didn't realize that there was a door to the outside which was so convenient. We were able to bring over family to use the swimming pool for an hour without any problems. The morning we checked out we finally had time to take advantage of the free breakfast. What a deal! There was a restaurant in the hotel and your free breakfast included your choiec of yogurt or fruit, then eggs, potatoes, meat, juice, coffee, etc. No buffet. You order from the table and the waitress brings it. Couldn't believe the amount of food we got and it was all included in the price! There is also a lounge in there and we got to listen to some live music one night by a local artist. Nice way to end the evening. When checking out there were some conferences going on and the manager was having her staff photocopy booklets for the group and everything (something that should have probably been done prior to coming to their meeting lol). This hotel was just extremely accommodating, I'm sure they do very well in Truro. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tanya C
Thank you for taking time to write your glowing review of our property. It's so uplifting for owners and staff, that try so hard to please and provide all guests with the product and service they deserve, to hear that we've succeeded.
You covered almost every aspect of our property and again, we do appreciate your comments and thank you again.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Truro.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

i recently had a chance to stay at the BW Plus Glengarry in Truro and found the staff most professional and friendly the accommodation spotless and comfortable and the food delicious. Will definitely stay there the next time around.
MICKEY DAWSOM

Room Tip: Rooms on bottom floor are awesome!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Judy N, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Glengarry Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Mickey
Thank you for your very nice review of our property. Our whole team are always glad to hear that we have met and maybe exceeded a guests expectations. Thank you for commenting on our great staff - we are very proud of them all. Since you said you will be returning, you will see a lot of changes as we are in the midst of a lot of renovations to, hopefully, make your stay that much better. Thanks again.
Judy

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Glengarry Hotel? Share your experiences!