Our stay at the Holiday Inn Truro was great! With its modern decor and friendly staff, we were given a warm welcome upon checking-in. Despite being about an hour earlier than the posted check-in time, we were given our room right away and were able to settle in.
The room itself was clean and well stocked with towels, pillows, and toiletries (the hand lotion was a nice touch). The microwave and mini-fridge were unexpected, but very handy to have in the room (especially for left-overs from a local restaurant).
The location of the hotel was great - within walking distance to downtown shops, victoria park, and the train/bus station.
We had breakfast at the restaurant both mornings of our stay. The first morning we had the breakfast buffet, and the second morning we ordered off the menu. The buffet was good, but I found it a bit over priced. The items we ordered from the menu the second morning were more reasonably priced. In future I would skip the buffet and order off the menu. We also had desserts one night, which were very nice.
The pool, fitness room, and games room all looked great, but we opted not to use them because there were boys staying at the hotel for a local hockey tournament and they had pretty much taken over these areas. On a related note, the staff responded quickly to our noise complaints and made their best efforts to quiet the boys, but they were still running/thumping around after 1 am one night! It's hard to say whether or not we were bothered by them due to poor sound insulation or thin walls, but I think it was just that they were being that noisy, as we didn't hear anyone else during our stay.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and recommend it to others. I found it to be a bit on the expensive side given that we had a basic one-bed room, but that being said, it was clean, well-stocked, and had nice decor. The hotel was easy to find, pretty much next to a SuperStore (grocery store), and close to shops, parks, and restaurants. Don't let the creepy looking run-down building near by scare you, despite its appearance, we didn't see anyone hanging around it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Truro, Nova Scotia Hotel Guests of our Truro, Nova Scotia accommodations will discover the many new amenities as well as our convenient location when they stay at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Truro Hotel and Conference Centre. Corporate guests find our hotel in Truro, NS is very convenient to area corporations such as Crossley Carpet Mills, Kerr Controls, Wilson Fuels and Kohler Windows. Our Truro Conference Centre hotel has been designed with the business person in mind. We offer free high-speed Internet access, a 24-hour business centre and more than 11,000 square feet of event space for all your meeting needs in Truro, Nova Scotia. Lodging at our Truro, NS hotel is ideal for the leisure traveler. We are just two km from the Tidal Bore and the Bay of Fundy. Victoria Park with its gorgeous waterfalls and other Truro attractions such as the Truro Farmers Market and the Marigold Cultural Center are nearby. And with easy access to Highways 2, 4 and the 102, the attractions of central Nova Scotia are easy to visit. Our beautiful hotel in Truro, NS is a state-of-the-art oasis for the business and leisure traveler. Among our outstanding amenities are a new indoor, heated saltwater pool and whirlpool, a games room, and a fitness centre. Our welcoming staff will do everything possible to make your Truro, NS hotel experience the best it can be. Reserve your room today for great Truro hotel rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Truro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Truro Hotel Truro
- Holiday Inn Truro Nova Scotia