“Great food with quaint atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Fletcher, North Carolina
“Great food with quaint atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This place was recommended by the hotel management. We were not disappointed. The food was very good and the views of the harbor were so pleasant. Rachel was a great waitress. We would eat here again.

• Visited June 2014

Portsmouth NH
“Found the local hangout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

There are not many options in Yarmouth. Seafood is their staple and brewing beer is their niche.
We got there about 6pm and acquired the last open table.
We were pleased that we had discovered where the locals come to wind down after a hard days work on the sea,
The food was great. The staff was pleasant And the local beer was very good

An interesting side note was the lobster trap furniture on the porch... even to the lobster bait beverage holder

Boston, Massachusetts
“Worth the visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice staff and decent food. Very fresh seafood and the Nova Scotia seafood chowder is very good. The accommodations inside and outside are worth the visit with nice views of the harbor if you can see through the often thick mist. Definately a hot spot for the young locals later at night.

British Columbia, Canada
“Worst Meal Ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stopped overnight in Yarmouth. Went there on a recommendation. We were asked if we had a reservation, first time I've ever heard of needing a reservation at a pub. Were stuck at a table way off in a corner right beside the dessert prep area, which was filthy. We had to ask if there were specials. My husband ordered an in-house beer and I had a margarita, first time I've ever had one with sugar on the rim. My husband had a steak which arrived fairly quickly but was cold and had absolutely no flavor or seasoning. I ordered rappie pie which also had no taste, supposed to be a traditional Acadian dish, poor Acadians!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Concord, New Hampshire
“I can't believe I ate the whole thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our last night in NS and we ate like there was no tomorrow. The food was good. The service was so-so. This is a busy place though and this just might be the best they can do. There was live music during dinner. Nice. The bacon wrapped scallops were good. The fish cake was good. The scallop dinner special (maple glaze) was OK. Not as flavorful as I'd hoped and not as plentiful as I expected. I had carrot cake for dessert... it was more of a spice cake. Good for a spice cake... not so great for a carrot cake. My son had a sandwich and chocolate cream pie for dessert. He seemed happy. The beer was very good. I had the sampler. Fun... and then stayed with the Raspberry ale.

• Visited June 2014