“A Peace of Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bracebridge
Rockwood, Canada
“A Peace of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We need a little get away with our three kids. We could not have picked a better place. What you see is what you get . There are no hidden surprises waiting to disappoint. It was truely wonderful! Clean cottages all within a short walk of the gorgous waterfront. Muskoka chair placed throughout out beckoning you to sit and relax. All the shops are close by so no need to pile up the car for your teck, or a quick trip across the road get you the best fresh in store prepared gourmet choices you could ever need. Everyone was freindly warm and welcoming. It was like coming home after a long trip.

Room Tip: All cabins have wonderful views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I hunted Muskoka through the internet looking for a suitable cottage rental for my wife young daughter. I couldn't have found a better place than Cedarwood that rented by day or week. Most cottages rent weekly only and that is a deterrent in this day & age in my opinion. We stayed from Sunday to Thursday, avoiding weekend cottage country traffic.
Not counting the stops at the Candle Place and then Webers on hwy 11, it took us about two and a half hours driving time from NW Mississauga. A stress free drive and we took our time.

Cedarwood is in a beautiful spot on Lake Muskoka, nestled in a tiny bay or inlet and is right off Highway 118 and about ten minutes from Bracebridge.
The views are amazing. The cottages are excellent. Sitting above the lake with big decks, propane BBQs, stove, fridge, dishwasher, Jacuzzi tub (in the one we stayed in, the Oak), electric heat throughout (for those cool late August nights), very comfy beds and spacious thoguhout. Real nice.
And you can hear a pin drop in the middle of the night when the wind isn't rustling the trees. I was out on the deck at 2 & 3 AM just gazing into the sky that was full of millions of stars. I couldn't find the big dipper for a while, there so many. Just beautiful, I tell ya.

Cedarwood has free to use : paddleboats, volleyball net, lawn darts, canoe, bench swing down by the water with a fabulous view of the lake (sunsets are amazing) and yes there is a small sand beach.
Across the highway is the most well stocked meat shop I have personally ever seen. They had everything. I mean everything. Name something. They had it. Also had a vegetable section and a greenhouse on the property.

And here's what's within 20 minutes of you. Bracebridge, Port Carling, Santa's Village, several golf courses, Lady Muskoka cruise and more.

Friendly owner & staff and they catered to every one of my requests. And then they upgraded me to The Oak cottage just because they thought we'd like it more. Now that's service. And we did love the cottage. My daughter must've said it half a dozen times within the first five minutes of entering the cottage.

I really cannot think of anything to complain about. And for me this is surprising because I am extremely picky. That's the best recommendation I could possibly give to anything.

We will be back again for sure. And I encourage everyone to do the same (after I get my booking in, lol).

KA
Mississauga, Ontario.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked a stay here for my Dad, my brother and myself on the Internet from Ireland. Hosts were quite friendly and helpful in responding to my e-mails.
When we arrived we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom cabin with no additional cost. Is is certainly on Lake Muskoka - the Lake was 30 yards from the cabin.
The solid fuel burner was amazing and the log pile was just outside the door. The cabin was so warm inside - even though the end of September nights were getting quite chilly.
All we needed was inside the cabin - cooker, fridge, delph, pots and pans etc. The was a shop/delicatessen across the road which had home made chicken pie that was nice. This shop was not cheap but Bracebridge is just a few miles away. I still can't believe that you had to go to two stores in Canada to buy Jack and Ginger as the liguor store didn't sell Ginger and the Supermarket didn't sell JD!!
We had a few meals in Turtle Jacks in Port Carling - well worth a visit too - just 20 minutes away
We spent 4 great days here - the only downside was that the towels were never changed by staff in that period so bring a few spares - otherwise brilliant.

• Liked — Away from Everywhere
  • Disliked — No towel changes
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a trip with my family. They were there several nights and I joined them for one.

I don't think the accommodations were all that cheap, but the real perk here was that the place was spic and span. I've been to a few of these sorts of places and have seen a real variety of crap. I was pleasantly surprised.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of these cottage getaways. Lugging groceries around and cooking meals is not my first choice for a holiday.

• Stayed October 2012
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just got back from the best cottage experience ever! I couldn't imagine anything that would beat Cedarwood on Lake Muskoka if you're looking for a nice, relaxing cottage experience. It is right on Muskoka lake with access to complimentary Kayaks, Canoes, and paddle boats! The dock has to be right in the most beautiful, scenic part of the lake too. You will be welcomed by two of the nicest people around, Jade and Mark who work hard to make your stay an experience.

I spent my first night in one of the cedar rooms, which was great. It has the full-on cottage feel to it, but in the size of a normal hotel room. Each room has its own private screened in porch which I think is a really awesome feature. BBQ's are a few steps away from your room, and the lake is only a stone's throw away.

After the first night I was blown away when my generous hosts upgraded me to a cottage!

The Pines 2 cottage was fantastic! It had a great view of the lake, a private deck, BBQ, full on kitchen, living room, two bedrooms. The place was immaculate!

Words can't do it justice; you will have to go experience it yourselves!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Cedarwood Resort was the perfect getaway for the long weekend. It's far enough away from Bracebridge that you avoid noise and traffic, but close enough (a 5 minute drive) that you can still enjoy a nice evening at a restaurant, and there are many to choose from. Everyone was pleasant and helpful at Cedarwood, and the grounds and rooms were immaculate! Mark and Jade recommended some hiking trails in the area, and they turned out to be a blast. Lake Muskoka is a short 2 minute walk away, and the canoes and paddleboats are free readily available. Cedarwood is a fantastic place to visit, and I would definitely go again with no hesitation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

With it being just outside of the busy city center it is such a relaxing spot to stay... The room are so nice and relaxing and u even have a screened in porch to relax and have some supper outside.... Lots of water events to partake in... Great place to visit and i will definately be taking my family there next trip.....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Cedarwood on Lake Muskoka? Share your experiences!