“EWWWW” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bracebridge
Windsor, Canada
“EWWWW”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Not a great experience at all - needs to be renovated badly and for the price they charge for the rooms they should be able to do that. Smelly and the bedding was questionable. Find a different hotel....even the KOA is cleaner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vansh2010, Owner at Bracebridge Travelodge, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
To whom it may concern,
I am really sorry to hear your experience at our hotel. I am apologizing with all my sincerity. I would like to let you know that since our property is under renovation, is there anything you would like to suggest to us that would help us improve our property. I humbly request you to give us another chance, and if you would like to discuss this matter further you can contact us on (705)-645-2235 or on tlbb@sympatico.ca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This dirty low end motel is extreamlty overpriced! The actual value of the stay is approximately $40 night or less! They are trying to rip people off by charging anything more then $40/night. I travel for work and constantly stay at hotels. This was by far the worst experience I've ever had. The rooms were very dirty, the showers had no hot water and the Wifi did not work. The managers were so rude and did nothing to help our situation. Worst guest service I've ever experienced! The managers actually went out of their way to increase the price of the room to $120/night without telling us for having a guest stop by to say hello. $120/ night is the price of a nice hotel like Holiday Inn or Ramada, not this dirty motel that didn't even provide the basics to a stay like hot water. The pictures on the webside are EXTREAMLY outdated! The rooms were beyond disgusting. They have not cleaned the walls or carpets in the rooms for at least 2 years. The smell was unbearable! My colleague had bed bug bites all over his body. This place is filthy! Anyone planning on traveling here should look to travel anywhere else. The cost is way to high and the place is beyond disgusting. If you still end up booking the place you are in for a very rude awakening. Take my advise based on experience and look elsewhere. Unfortunalty I went through the experience, but you don't have to.

• Stayed April 2013
Vansh2010, Manager at Bracebridge Travelodge, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your views and comments with us. I would still like to justify and put out our side of the story as well, but I still regret about the fact that you didn't have a happy experience at our hotel.
1.) The reason the guests were charged extra was because when they booked the rooms online the reservation information said that there were 2 adults going to stay in each room but in reality each room accommodated 5 adults, they people "that were visiting" would come in to the room around 9 pm and leave around 8 am. Since there were 3 extra adults in each room $30.00 were charged to each room for each night, and as we have gotten camera outside in our driveway, we have a proof of those people being in the room all night long.
2.) The managers were not trying to be rude at all, they were no intentions of hurting the guests feelings but all they were trying to do is explain the guests that they can't have more than two people stay in the room in this price, and they want more people to stay in that room then they would have to pay extra for extra adults in the room or rent another room. Throughout the whole stay we have tried our best to keep up with our hospitality such as we provided them with extra conveniences. People have always appreciated our tone and attitude towards our guests.
3.) Our motel has never had a complain about hot water or wifi. All of our guests have always appreciated all the facilities available here.
Again I would like to apologize about your experience. I can't change what has already happened but I just wanted to put our side of the story out there, and I also wanted to give a full justification for the future guests that do read this reviews. If there's anything further that you would like to discuss, I'd be happy to discuss this matter, you could contact me on 705-645-2235
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

It was the basic motel built in 1950 and not painted since. The cleanliness of it was just okay but not clean. The bed came over on the "arc" but the sheets were clean. There was a moldy smell also in the room. We needed a one night stay over Christmas, so we took the room. Not oriented towards children for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Barrie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

snow removal needs to have push backs as it was hard to park at our room
other than that it was average

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Bracebridge Travelodge? Share your experiences!