“Best Venison I Ever Tasted” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taste

Taste
1869 Muskoka Road 118 West | Touchstone on Lake Muskoka, Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 62 Restaurants in Bracebridge
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
“Best Venison I Ever Tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

LIves up to its name. "You must try this place". Never had venison this good anywhere and I have had it wherever I could. The soup was incredible. I cant wait to come back.

Visited May 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Service Superb, Food Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have a year around cottage situated between Port Carling and Bracebridge. My wife and I love to dine out year round. One of our favourite stops, particulalry off season, is Taste. We probbaly stop in about once every six weeks, maybe a touch less in summer. Bluntly we have never been disappointed. However recently service and food have been even better.

Frankly the service is genuinley friendly, attentive but not imposing and neither intrusive nor "lingering". The recent creations of the Chef have been even by Toronto standards (I work in Toronto and dine out a lot with clients) is simply superb.

Generally I do not write reviews but feel compelled to do so given on recent dismissive revew. All of us have "off" days but I am simply shocked by negative review. My perception is either its competition driven or someone had two off days and I do not meand Taste's crew.

I've found the service to be at the top in the Musukoka area consistently. I do not think its topped at all. The offerings on each occassion of appetizer and main were very good to superb.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orillia, Canada
“service food still not 5 star”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went in for dinner in September and were disappointed with the service and food. Food tasted frozen service was unfriendly and very rude. Very disappointing visit again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Excellent food, pleasant service in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've had a lot of pasta in my life, but I still have to say the best ever has been here. There are also excellent fish and meat options every time we've eaten there. The service is attentive but not overbearing. The property overlooks Lake Muskoka (eat on the deck if the weather permits, you'll be glad you did). Meal prices are reasonable, particularly considering the quality of the ingredients and the ultimate result in the taste of each menu item. I've never had a meal here that I'd rate below an 8/10. I can't really comment on their brunch simply because I'm not a brunch fan ever.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ontario_travelever, Manager at Taste, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant, Taste, at Touchstone on Lake Muskoka. We strive to provide the very best in service excellence and feel a great sense of satisfaction when we are recognized for delivering. We greatly look forward to seeing and serving you again soon.

Wayne Patterson-Cloete
Food and Beverage Manager
Touchstone on Lake Muskoka
Canada
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Great food, personal service and a great view - worth our return visit

• Visited May 2012