Between late 2012 and early 2013, we made 3 calls to Touchstone to investigate their resort as a potential weekend getaway. The first 2 calls were extremely cumbersome. We were only trying to find out what kind of resort it was and the person on the phone could not really explain it to us. They made us feel as if we were annoying them. We wanted to know whether it was merely a timeshare or was it truly a resort hotel. We could not clearly establish that. We did establish that the preference was for functions and only at the beginning of the year would they consider resort reservations. In January 2013 we were able to make a reservation for August but still did not know quite what to expect when we got there. The property looked good but why so much ambiguity.
On June 16th, between 12PM and 1PM we were travelling home from a Port Severn resort and we thought that we might preview Touchstone. When we arrived, we went to the Front Desk and asked if it might be possible to take a look at a room so that we could assess the style of resort and amenities. The person at the Front Desk had difficulty handling that request. When we persisted a little since we had driven a long way, she went to see someone in an office visible from the Front Desk. She spoke with her for a few minutes and on her return, indicated that this sales person would give us a tour and would be right with us. The person kept looking at us and while we waited we walked through the Dining Room. After several minutes of waiting, the person had not moved from the desk but kept looking out at us. Once again we were made to feel as if we were annoying them. We finally just left the resort. No one said anything and no one assisted us. We felt that total environment to be uncomfortable and unfriendly.
On our return home to Toronto, we cancelled the reservation. That was 4 instances of uncomfortable, unfriendly and unclear communications from a resort where we would spend a lot of money for what would be classed as a deluxe weekend stay and expect to have a relaxing getaway. We cannot imagine it happening there. We usually do not complain but rather compliment service at hotels and resorts. We stay in hotels 30 – 35 nights a year.
- Also Known As:
- Touchstone On Lake Muskoka Hotel
- Touchstone On Lake Muskoka Hotel Bracebridge
- Touchstone On Lake Muskoka Bracebridge, Muskoka District, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Touchstone on Lake Muskoka offers a mix of pristine lake views and elegant sophistication. Whether you choose our well-appointed Main Lodge Suite, private Villa or Cottage you will experience breath taking views of Lake Muskoka in luxurious accommodation.Enjoy the Infinity Pool and other deluxe amenities while taking in the best views in Muskoka. Take part in the recreational opportunities Touchstone has to offer; from boating to golf it is all just outside your doorstep at Touchstone. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Taste Restaurant or a relaxing treatment in Touch Spa. Plan your next getaway at Touchstone whether a family holiday, or romantic weekend for two, Touchstone on Lake Muskoka delivers a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and EasyToBook so you can book your Touchstone on Lake Muskoka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.