“Five blocs from BAC” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Brockville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Five blocs from BAC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Visited with two other couples in early August while attending a Roy Orbison Impersonator show at the Brockville Arts Centre.
Service was good but tough on the one waitress for a six table room... could have been more staff.. waitress did as good as she could given work load. Menu is reasonably varied fairly priced. Appetizers offer Mussels, Escargots, Salads and a great Clam Chowder ( that night). My wife enjoyed Salmon on a plank and I had a reasonable duck breast dish. Others in our group had Italian Pasta dishes with Shrimps etc. Bread was local and very good. No desserts were ordered.

Brockville has a limited number of good eating places so I feel this is as good as any and better than most for those wishing a little more refined dining experience. The wine list was small and not real sophisticated but priced in line.

Overall a good experience.

Visited August 2013

Syracuse, New York
“Oh so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were in town to visit the Fulford Place and asked one of the guides where she'd suggest for lunch. What a treat this place is. It is lovely inside, very quiet and delightful. Our food was great, but I have to especially recommend the chilled melon gazpacho!!!!! We'd definitely visit again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good lunch menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Today we had lunch at this Bistro outside on their terrace.Very pleasant with a large choice of lunch specials on the blackboard.

I had the fettucini with mussels and sautee vegetables in a curry sauce and it was excellent.

My husband had the soupe du jour and sandwich and it was also fresh and very good.

Nice atmosphere on their patio,flowers,tree,lovely.

Will go back for sure.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“good bistro fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Service with a smile, my dinner was tasty - salad and salmon with prawns and fresh vegetables/rice. The cherry mango crumble was superb.

Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Location and Nice Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I went to this place on our way from Ottawa to Toronto.

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't feel that we were really welcomed to this place at first. We had to wait for at least 5 minutes until we got seated, even though the place was half-empty, and nobody said "hi" to us.

Unfortunately, the main room with big windows, cool air and nice view was closed for some reason, so we were seated into a somewhat cramped area, with a big and loud company next to us.

But the food was good, the bill was acceptable, and we liked atmosphere of the place. I would certainly give it another try to see if they improved their service.

• Visited July 2013