“Fish & Chips worth the stop even in the cold” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Brockville
Cuisines: Seafood
Montreal
“Fish & Chips worth the stop even in the cold”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

On a cold blustery Easter Monday we knew we would get good food but were not going to be eating outside as most of the posts have said is so pleasant. But one block away we found a parking lot facing the water and sat in the car eating our wonderful haddock and chips. So even though there is no seating in this tiny take out place it was definitely worth the stop for the food. The two fillet meal ($12) provided a good size piece of fish a piece and more fries than we could eat. The take out place is in the heart of historic Brockville so is very pleasant to sit around the Victorian buildings that are now local boutiques and other small businesses.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brockville, Canada
“way over rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

been going there for 40 years but got tired of the high price for what you get.went to manolls instead for a while.found it cheaper and better.dons is way overated.i never buy the fries because i dont like them.writing this because of all the people that rave about the food.i get my fish and chips in sosua,dominican republic.there are two places there that put all of the fish shops in brockville to shame.but the people working at dons are nice.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brockville
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am from Ireland and spent many years on the east coast of canada...so I KNOW my fish and chips! While the batter is not overly thick, it is still too thick for my liking. The fish is pre-battered...I am used to going to get fish and chips where they take the fresh fish and batter it and cook it right in front of you. The batter is thin and crisp not doughy! In a pinch Don's is not too bad...but I won't eat there ofen.

Visited August 2012
Maitland, Ontario
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have lived in the Brockville area for 35 years. We ate Fish & Chips from Don's a few times when we first arrived in town and we were disappointed. One day recently when my wife was out for lunch with the girls, I decided to give Don's another try. I will not return again. I recommend the Rose & Crown in Kingston for Fish & Chips.

Visited January 2013
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
“english style fish and chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

chips are the best . Fish is crispy and delicious . They askmif you want salt and vinegar half way and wrap it all up in newspaper

Visited July 2012