“A wonderful experience... Thanks from the Woodland family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brockville Victoria Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brockville
Brockville Victoria Inn
You added Brockville Victoria Inn to your Saves list
10 Victoria Ave, Brockville, Ontario K6V2B1, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Brockville B&B and Inns
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
“A wonderful experience... Thanks from the Woodland family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

To date this is the first review that we have written for any of the places we have stayed at, but were so happy with the accomidations and service that it would be a disservice not to reccomend this Inn to fellow travellers.

For the record, my family and I (wife and newborn child) had booked a cottage rental at another place nearby, and found the accomidations to be unsuitable for our newborn. We called Susan the next morning, and she and her wonderful family quite literally salvaged our vacation.

Not only was the room immaculate, but very private, large, and quite frankly impressive. The innkeeper and her family are not only incrediable helpful, intelligent and well manned, but a real pleasure to be around.

What you can expect:
-a very clean updated room
-A+ service with a personal touch
-privacy (unlike alot of B&B's)

Thanks again Susan,

The Woodlands

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Charles room I believe
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I found myself stranded by holiday traffic and accidents on the way to Ottawa and decided to spend the night in Brockville. What a good decision! Luckily Susan had a beautiful room available and I had a wonderful sleep. The next morning I took the dog for a two hour walk along Brockville's beautiful waterfront and enjoyed the farmer's market. I returned to the Inn to enjoy a fantastic breakfast and the excellent company of Susan's hospitable family and charming pug, Princess! In every way, my stay at the VIctoria Inn was positive and enjoyable--I strongly recommend a stay there and would happily stop in Brockville again--in fact, I would build a trip around it. Many thanks Susan!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Thanks Susan. The bed and breakfast really made our stay memorable. This is a beautiful house. The room was awesome, and loved the stay and conversation. We will be recommending you to our friends and family :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We liked this inn so much for the first night of our trip that we came back for the last night as well.

The house is truly funky but it was the hospitaility of Susan, her family and her dog that made the stay memorable. As a bonus, the location was central to everything good in Brockville.

We would highly recommend this Inn to anyone who wants to stay someplace special.

Dave McClyment & Sue Bracken

Room Tip: Let Susan choose for you!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed at this inn for two nights while on a course at the Brockville Museum. The inn is beautifully appointed, spotless and very, very comfortable. The linens even smell lovely. My room was fantastic. But the best part of my stay was the innkeeper. Susan went above and beyond the call of duty in so many ways every day I was there. She was welcoming, friendly, helpful, and exceptionally knowledgeable. Knowing that I work in the heritage field, she even made some arrangements for me to see some behind-the-scenes treasures at local heritage homes. The room was a very reasonable rate, given it's luxurious amenities, and Susan's hospitality makes the Brockville Victoria Inn a fantastic value. Susan and her inn are the only reason that I plan to return to Brockville soon for a getaway with my husband.

Room Tip: Looking for extra privacy? The Isaac Brock Suite has a private entrance.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

One step into the Brockville Victoria Inn and you are taken back to a time of elegance and charm. The Foyer opens on to a dining room set with silver and crystal that provides a glance at how things had once been in this stately home. I was welcomed by Susan, the owner, who immediately made me feel like family. She introduced me to my room and I was again taken aback by the beautiful furnishings, the stately charm and by how bright and spacious my living room and bedroom were. And here's the kicker - Susan only charges $75 a night, breakfast included. She knows she could charge more but I get a sense part of her payment is that she loves meeting people and introducing them to her town of Brockville. As a corporate manager serving buildings across Ontario I tend to travel a lot, and I can truthfully say the Brockville Victoria Inn is well beyond any hotel at triple the price. If you ever plan to be in the area give Susan a call and make the trip to Brockville, it is definitely something you will not regret.

Keith Eldridge
Director, Building Operations
OMNI Health Care LP

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We completely enjoyed our stay at this Inn thanks to its great location, charm and innkeeper. The home is beautifully furnished, warm and cozy. Susan's hospitality was the icing on the cake. She was most accommodating, helpful and knowledgeable of Brockville's history and attractions. We look forward to our next stay at the Inn!

Room Tip: The Charles Jones Grand Suite room on the main floor has a beautiful and spacious sitting room with...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Brockville Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!