“Tasty food.....great service” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Chatham
“Tasty food.....great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Went there today with friends and ordered from the Lunch part of the brunch menu. Our server, Chelsea, was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the unusual ambience, as well as our meals. We had two club sandwiches with wonderful fries, a spinach salad, and quesedias also with fries. All were great, and we will return again.

75% Recommend
Chatham, Canada
“Family Christmas 2013 Dinner for 35”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I recently organized my family Christmas at the Chilled Cork Restaurant. I arranged to have the back room for 35 people for dinner which included 9 children. I met with Sarah 3 weeks prior and made arrangements that I wanted. When we arrived Saturday, Dec 28 around 6:00 pm. everything was arranged as planned -- decorations, tables, tablesloths, table for the children to play games on. It was a very relaxing Christmas family atmosphere . The whole evening went well, food was delicious and service was excellent. We had 2 waiters - one for each table. My whole family enjoyed their dinner. The kids had fun running around with each other. I am very pleased with how the evening turned out and would not hesitate arranging another family outing here at the Chilled Cork.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peter T, General Manager at Chilled Cork Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hello Scrappyone,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for letting us be a part of your special celebration! It was our pleasure to serve such a great group of people, and we are elated that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our staff members pride themselves on their professional service and we appreciate your kind feedback. We hope to see you back sometime soon!

Wishing you all the best in the New Year!

Kindest Regards,

Peter T
“Follow up review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had previously written a review that was less than complimentary for this restaurant due to a poorly prepared meal (ordered rare beef got medium well to well done), poor service and very inadequate tableware. I was offered a chance to provide a second opinion and presented a free meal voucher for two by the manager (thank you very much). We took advantage of that during the culmination of our 3 years of home renovations in September (sorry it has taken this long to post this review). The food was decidedly much better, my steak came perfectly done and the service was much better. Even the tableware has dramatically improver (I didn't have to try and saw through my steak with a butter knife this time). Many thanks for actually listening and making those improvements.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener, Canada
“Jackie IS the best server”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hello,
My name is Wendy and I travel often for work. I have dined at many places but on Saturday November 9th was one of the best meals I have ever eaten.
I had heard good things about the Chilled Cork so while I was in town instead of going to my usual spot of Mama Maria's my husband and I decided to go to the Chilled Cork. Jackie was our server - she was OUTSTANDING. Since it was both our first time we let Jackie do the ordering for us and what she recommended - we were not disappointed. Jackie made us feel like she had known us and that we were just another happy returning customer. Jackies service alone makes me want to come back. She took time to ask a little bit about ourselves, as well as we returned the favor and found out she is an avid snowboarder. My husband and I both ski so it was great to relate and share stories about that.
She suggested that after our meal we wander over to the hotel and have a look so that if we ever need a place to stay that the Retro Suites would be the best place to stay. The rooms seemed very trendy and themed. This is a place is would look at staying next time.
Overall the experience was above and beyond. Thank you to everyone who made it special and thank you to Jackie, we cant wait to return!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Unique dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have had lunch here dozens of times, they have great $5 lunch specials everyday. Today I tried their Kobe beef burger. It was amazing. Highest quality beef I've had. I put some double smoked bacon on there for good measure - definitely worth it. Service from Conor is always A+.

What I like most is the unique decor they have in the restaurant. If you have a chance, take a look around. There are many interesting items within the restaurant. Conor can tell you about every single one, lots of cool conversation pieces.

• Visited November 2013