“I'll join the party and say YES YES YES!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Toronto, Ontario
“I'll join the party and say YES YES YES!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My Mum moved to Cobourg last year into a retirement home where the food is blah, so I come down periodically to take her out to eat. Last summer I hunted trip advisor and elsewhere for a good resto in Cobourg/Port Hope and found County Bistro, which is excellent (although not open for lunch during the winter), but oddly didn't find any online mention of Daizies although it has been open for three years. Well, we stumbled upon Daizies walking down the main street of Cobourg a few weeks ago and have been twice. We will not hesitate to come again! The food is healthy and very tasty. What a surprise for a small town! (i would love to have a place like this in downtown Toronto!) This past weekend, I had organic chicken roti: this had a bit of a kick to it spice-wise, but Mum kept stealing portions from my plate it was so tasty. She really loved the smoked salmon, poached egg and yorkshire pudding brunch, and truly adored the no-crust quiche she ate on her second visit! I also really enjoyed my quinoa burger but it was without any bread which was a surprise; that said, it was very healthy. The kale salad and (depending on which lunch you choose) other side dishes were so tasty and healthy. We even had a no sugar gluten-free piece of fruit/nut pie on our last visit, so there! Main courses run about $13 to $15, at lunch anyway. Staff are friendly, and lunch runs until 2:30 which is convenient for us busy gals (dinner starts at 5 pm). They even have wine and, very happily for us on our second visit, it was Huff Estates merlot: bravo for offering wine from nearby Prince Edward County, at only $7 a glass. I hope they continue to stock Huff, and this price, as we want to stay fans! The restaurant is a bright and clean venue, nothing fancy but or romantic, but the food is so healthy and good, and the wait staff are friendly.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Pricey but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We ate here several times to see how consistent the food would be. We were all happy with our meals and the flavour. Service was good and the owner chatted with us quite a bit. The restaurant is clean and comfy, very chic and bright. Organic, local beer is available as well as mostly organic menu items and gluten free. My biggest negative is the price. The food board did not include prices, which means you had to ask, which is embarrassing for us and our guests. Many people choose their meal based on price as well as food item. I'm also not sure if they food was made fresh or if some items were re heated in a microwave, based on how fast some of the food came out. After visiting a few times, we found the same items rotating on the menu so I hope they chef changes this up a little more as it can get boring. Overall, I would return and encourage people to go in for a meal. It really is a nice place to go.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“Good food without the guilt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

There are not many options in Cobourg for good food that is also relatively healthy and locally sourced. Daizies does both and they do it well. The set menu they had last weekend was excellent and the service was very good. Keep it up guys, you have become my go to restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cobourg, Ontario, Canada
“Real food Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Healthy real food, able to deal with food sensitivities, offering lots of vegan and glutton free etc options but still can enjoy ribs or an amazing organic chicken roti. Love the food, love the atmosphere and super friendly staff. A real gem in downtown Cobourg.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlton, ON
“Expensive, and I left hungry.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food was pretty tasty, but you didn't get very much for the price. I guess you pay for the organic label. I think my lunch special came to about $15, and I needed to grab some pie when I left, just to fill the gap. We sat out in the street, so I can't comment on the atmosphere inside.

Visited August 2012