We stayed 2 nights at the Woodlawn for my aunt's wedding. The room was very comfortable - spacious, tasteful decor and a lovely king bed. I live in a very quiet area and often have trouble sleeping when travelling, but I found the room very quiet and enjoyed a wonderful sleep. We liked the historic feel of the Inn, but also liked the modern touches. The staff were very attentive.
The wedding was held right at the Inn, and the set-up was perfect for a small event such as this one was. We were able to have our privacy, despite the fact that other guests were there to stay and dine. The food was excellent too, and we loved the little lounge area where we had some late-night drinks once the official event was over.
One of the owners is a very talented photographer, and we enjoyed the slide-show in the lounge area. It reminded me of all that I miss about Ontario, having grown up there but since moved away.
Should we ever stay in Cobourg again, it will definitely be at the Woodlawn. Such a welcoming and homey place is hard to find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cobourg's Historic District and close to the waterfront, the historic Woodlawn Inn opened its doors in 1988 and today has twenty generously appointed guest rooms. The Woodlawn Inn is perfect for romantic retreats, girl’s getaways, small weddings and business meetings. The highly regarded Woodlawn Inn dining room is open to the public for intimate dinners or for large weddings of up to 100 guests. Within walking distance, there are day-spas, historic homes, shops and one of the most picturesque downtowns in Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Woodlawn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlawn Hotel Cobourg
- The Woodlawn Inn Cobourg, Ontario