“Quaint Country Charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Woodlawn Inn

You added The Woodlawn Inn to your Saves list
The Woodlawn Inn
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   420 Division Street | Ontario, Cobourg, Ontario K9A 3R9, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Cobourg B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bowen Island, British Columbia, Canada
“Quaint Country Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Woodlawn for my aunt's wedding. The room was very comfortable - spacious, tasteful decor and a lovely king bed. I live in a very quiet area and often have trouble sleeping when travelling, but I found the room very quiet and enjoyed a wonderful sleep. We liked the historic feel of the Inn, but also liked the modern touches. The staff were very attentive.
The wedding was held right at the Inn, and the set-up was perfect for a small event such as this one was. We were able to have our privacy, despite the fact that other guests were there to stay and dine. The food was excellent too, and we loved the little lounge area where we had some late-night drinks once the official event was over.
One of the owners is a very talented photographer, and we enjoyed the slide-show in the lounge area. It reminded me of all that I miss about Ontario, having grown up there but since moved away.
Should we ever stay in Cobourg again, it will definitely be at the Woodlawn. Such a welcoming and homey place is hard to find.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 214, which had a king-sized bed and we found it to be very quiet. It is at the end...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hello Brenda M,

Tank you very much for your kind words. We have been fortunate to be a part of many excellent guest experiences over the last 25 years and I'm glad that the wedding weekend was a success!

Stephen Della Casa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ft Myers, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We've been to this Inn several different times and the food and service has been excellent. We recommended it to my cousin and they really enjoyed their stay. Good food and great location while visiting Cobourg

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Travelalpine,

Thanks for your review of the inn! I'm glad that you had a nice trip to Cobourg and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Best wishes,
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Gave this as a Mother's Day gift. Beautiful, large, well furnished double-bedded room, complete with small fridge. Even a small balcony (although not much of a view!). Bathroom could use to be refreshed but clean - but why no Kleenex? (my only quibble!) Dinner was fantastic, service was excellent. The room/dinner/breakfast package is very good value, but dinner entree prices a la carte otherwise are a little bit steep. Would definitely return/give to someone else!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello JudiS3792

Thanks for the great review! Sorry about the Kleenex, we usually have one there! I'm glad that you enjoyed the value of the package and would consider giving a package to a friend!

Thanks, Stephen Della Casa
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

A delightful weekend all round. The accommodations were warm and welcoming, meals exceeded all expectations, facility had everything we needed, and community was wonderful. The photography workshop, exceptional. I would recommend the Inn to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear girlwithglass

Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the inn and had a great time at the photography workshop.

All the best,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed just a night with my sweetheart while he was away on a photographers weekend. I didn't get to enjoy all the amenities that the Inn had to offer but I did get to experience two important aspects of the room. The bed and the tub.

To me those are the most important. For those of you who have read my other reviews know that a good tub makes or breaks the stay for me. Woodlawn Inn was very charming. Although the exterior does not do this place justice. And I almost wish that that I stayed for brunch as it smelled fantastic. Full dining room with stellar wine cellar makes me think that this wont be the last time we will visit.

As for the rooms. Very spacious, clean and charming with everything you would need to relax and unwind. The bed is comfortable with lots of pillow and extra ones in the closet if you need lots like I tend to. The bathroom was spotless and very spacious with the biggest tub i've come accross in a hotel/inn. It was bigger than the jacuzzi tub we have at home. Needless to say i spent my morning soaking before we had to check out.

I was very impressed with the Woodlawn Inn and hope to return again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BellaSignora335

Thanks for your excellent review and for uploading some pictures! I hope that you both had a terrific time and we hope to see you back again soon.

Take care,
n. yarmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Wish our trip allowed us to stay another night! We had an upstairs room which was quiet, very spacious with gas fireplace and small balcony. We hoped to leave door to balcony open for fresh air vs in-room fan/AC but May flies were in hatch! (maybe a retractible screen door could be considered)
Ate dinner elsewhere but next am enjoyed their breakfast immensely! In-room fridge was convenient & coffee maker very helpful for us-being very early risers. It was convenient to select/self-serve our preferences from array of sliced fruits, toast, juice and coffee then enjoyed their omelettes from kitchen. Staff was friendly and helped us with names and directions to wineries open in late April.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello meandkeys!

Thanks so much your review of our family-run inn. I hope you found the wineries that you were looking for.

All the best,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Cobourg is a happening small town, with a lot of seniors moving there to take advantage of the lowcost beautiful old homes, great hospital and high standard of community involvement. This is a great place to base your trip. The staff are super-friendly. The bar is nice for a late night drink. The restaurant (I only ate there for breakfast) is excellent. There's a nice common room on the second floor. The room we stayed in was spacious and nicely designed. Whoever said a hotel has to be a chain to deliver topnotch service has to check this out.
If I could make a suggestion to up the game, the enviro standards could be higher--more signage for recycling, opportunities to re-use towels, water-efficient showerheads, etc. If I could make another-- try some local art on the walls, even if it's leased.--wayne

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear wayne00944,

Thanks so much for your positive feeback and excellent suggestions! I hope you had a terrific time in Cobourg as well! See you next time!,

Thanks, Stephen Della Casa

Been to The Woodlawn Inn? Share your experiences!