“Great Time Under New Management!” 5 of 5 stars

North Adventure Inn
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   517 Hwy 11 W, Cochrane, Ontario, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Cochrane B&B and Inns
Kirkland Lake, Canada
“Great Time Under New Management!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had a great experience! The staff was very pleasant and I was shown my room before I checked to ensure it was what I was expecting, which it was. The room was clean and fresh smelling and the jacuzzi tub was great. I am looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
northadventureinn, General Manager at North Adventure Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Hello A.S.
Thank you for your very encouraging words. We, the new management team at the North Adventure Inn strive for guest satisfaction, and service with a SMILE. We will go an extra mile to ensure that we meet your expectations. Your repeated stay with us is much appreciated. Thank you for your patronage! See you soon.
Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Arrived late at night. The manager was very accomading at such a late hour to show me the room. The room had a loft bed, fireplace. Very comfortable, clean, and very helpful staff. I was on business, and manager convinced me to stay for the weekend. Very calm and peaceful.

Only property I've seen with igloo accomadations, Those igloos looked perfect for northern Ontario. Manager gave me a tour of the igloos and they we're full of modern amenities, bathroom, kitchenette, including heated floors. This winter, i will return with my snowmobile this winter.

Room Tip: ask for loft suite
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My wife and i stayed in the honeymoon suite the weekend of March 23rd. The loft bedroom was a nice touch away from the living room. The jacuzzi and fireplace were so romantic and relaxing. The new manager was very professional, courteous and helpful. We will definitely be back this summer.

Room Tip: Definitely go for honeymoon suite with jacuzzi
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Nice staff, slept well. Rooms were well heated and the jacuzzi tub was great.
I would come back, they just needed their restaurant to be open for breakfast in the am :)

Room Tip: Get the honeymoon suite, worth the extra bucks
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello L.C.
Thank you so very much for your stay at the North Adventure Inn.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our restaurant is seasonal, and open in the summer and winter only, therefore, it was closed during your stay. We apologize. We heard our guests and now we have added in room coffee maker for the morning java jolt. Let me know your next visit and we will do everything to ensure your satisfaction.
Dearborn, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was asking others in the area about this place and why it was so run down and everyone told me it was because of the new management, Whatever the reason I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Jason,
Thank you for your comments. I cannot comment on old management, however, I would like to inform you that we are the New Management of the North Adventure Inn. We took over the property on March 18th, 2012. We recently addressed many of your concerns and now our guest service and employee relation meets and exceeds the high standards. You will notice this change in service and comfort of our guests in the most recent reviews on Trip Advisor. Give us another chance and you will notice the attitude change in and around the North Adventure Inn.
Best Regards
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

our reservation was not honored, dirty, run down rooms, in ill repair, roof leaks, windows leak cold air, unhappy staff, they only thing that kept us there was the fact the trails were close.

Room Tip: 2nd floor better that the first
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Hi David,
Thank you for your comments. I would like to inform you that we are the New Management of the North Adventure Inn. We took over the property on March 18, 2012.
I cannot comment on the old management, but in the past few months we have addressed many of the issues and concerns you raised. Give us another chance and you will notice the change in attitude around the property. I invite you back this winter season to experience the New North Adventure Inn.
Tregaron, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Cochrane is a fantastic place to visit, the choice of quality hotels is limited s most are used for the many truckers, oil and paper mill workers (if you have children with you, make sure the TV is tuned into the traditional stations otherwise they might get an unwanted education). For a place that has to ship in all it's food the town provides a superb choice. The fixtures and fittings are clean basic and good.

Room Tip: Pick a middle room remember the temperature outside.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to North Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!