“Good Breakfast Choices” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Toronto
“Good Breakfast Choices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My daughter, my sitter, my niece and myself decided to have a all girls day at the scandinave Spa in Blue Mountain. Since we were leaving Toronto very early at 6:30am my daughter searched and found Cafe Chartreuse which was on our way to the spa. The place was pretty quiet when we arrived and the food looked great. They had specials of the day 1)Spinach and cheese Omelette, Eggs with Bacon or sages all served with home fries and French Toast and freshly based pastries.
The breakfast was pretty ordinary - not flavours that stood out in our omelette. The pastures were fresh. The coffee was disappointedly cool and we had to asked have them replaced. There was one person behind deli counter and she was not in a pleasant frame of mind. We all felt empathy for her and did not complain. But we were in a very good frame of mind as we were about to set onto a relaxing, soothing and nurturing Girls Day Spa-ing. I think we would have been very elated had she appeared cheerful to see us and enjoying serving up the delicious pastries.

Good Food but service could be improved considerably.
Dorothy

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great breakfast but pricy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is a typical spot we go to when the kids crave "pain au chocolat". I always order the egg white omelette.
Big size and great taste and real baguette to go with it.

Edmonton
“Breakfast to remember”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

But for all the wrong reasons. The staff is badly trained and rather than managing the owner spends his time in the kitchen oblivious to what's going (or not going) on. Would suggest giving the place, at least for breakfast, a pass. Too bad because the Heritgage Building the restaurant occupies is superb.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Overpriced!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went for lunch. They have only 3 sandwiches on their menu, none of which is served hot. I got the salmon sandwich, which was very small and cost $6.10 + tax. That's ridiculous for a small cold sandwich in a tiny country town. My wife wanted a slice of apple pie, which they served cold despite her requesting it heated. It was not great, but cost $4.75 + tax!! I do not recommend this place. The only reason I'm giving it more than 1 star is because the sandwich tasted decent, and the servers were okay.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Collingwood, Canada
“Very good lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My daughter and grandson joined us for lunch at Café Chartreuse and we had a very good meal. The salads were fresh and delicious. The sandwich was also very fresh and enjoyable. The young staff are very pleasant and helpful.

• Visited August 2013