“Enormous portions, terrible service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 90 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Enormous portions, terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011 via mobile

Visited Duncan's yesterday for brunch. When I walked through the door I was ignored for about 10 mins while I stood at the "please wait to be seated sign" while at least 4 members of staff walked past me. When I was finally shown to a table I waited another 20 mins for anyone to take my order. The girl who finally arrived was looking the other direction while talking to me so I wasn't sure whether she had even heard my order or not when she stormed off. She then had an arguement with another member of staff in front of everyone which needless to say was grosely inappropriate! When my food arrived the portion was enormous. The hollandaise sauce and bacon was delicious but one if my eggs was slightly undercooked, some of the white was still a little clear and not set. They were selling local art on the walls which I liked. I wouldn't recommend the place, mainly because of the service.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ontario, Canada
“Be prepared for a "leisurely" meal...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We tried Duncan's Cafe in Collingwood three times and our concerns were consistant each time. Though very friendly, the service is extremely slow on every level even when the restaurant has been empty - waiting for a table, placing the order, drinks, food, extra condiments, etc. We have been informed that Duncan's has a reputation for this. Regarding meals, the adult food is pretty good . We have had several items there, most recently stuffed chicken and a fish entree with grilled vegetables. The kid's meals are lacking. A very small basic hamburger or a hot dog on a hard microwaved bun with a handful of chips, though I do realize other items are available and have not beent tried. Recently the decor has changed and some residents prefer the quirkiness of the older style with the artwork throughout. It is an ok restaurant but we will continue to try others in Collingwood for other meals out.

Visited August 2011
“Super tasty huevos rancheros”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is a great place for breakfast with good variety in the menu - french toast, eggs benny/florentine, and more traditional eggs and bacon fare. I had the huevos rancheros though - mmmmm. The salsa that's served with it is homemade and flavourful and the wrap-style dish has just the right amount of spice. The restaurant's interior is relaxed and spacious and there's a small patio facing the gentrified main street (Hurontario) and it's shops. The price is completely reasonable and there's a candy store next door that has ice cream for dessert. There's also another great restaurant that has a bakery right on the corner for to-go pastries, cookies, and more! Overall a great way to start a day in Collingwood, with a nice walk down the street to the waterfront within a few minutes.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Mulligatawny soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Every time we come to Collingwood we go to Duncan's Cafe and had the Mulligatawny soup..... It is the best. And the people are very friendly. They have been there for years. Consistency is a good thing especially when it is very good.....

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Collingwood, Canada
“Mulligatawny Soup - Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Great place, friendly people and good food. Our favorite is the Mulligatawny soup - OMG!!
You will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2011