“Terrible do not eat here!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 90 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: At Eggsmart, customers have a wide range of breakfast or lunch choices that are prepared from quality ingredients and served hot and fast. Interested in more than just a traditional breakfast? Eggsmart's your smart choice. Eggsmart is all about great food choices served hot and fresh at prices that are affordable.
Barrie
“Terrible do not eat here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I visited this restaurant on the weekend and i will not be returning. My inital impression of this place was that it looked very clean and well managed.
After waiting a few minutes to be seated by the hostess, it took 10 minutes for a server to come to the table and bring me a menu. I wasn't even asked if i wanted a coffee. When she did finally returned, i order a coffee and sausage and eggs. It took her 5 minutes to bring me a coffee and then i waited an additional 20 minutes for my breakfast to arrive. All total, it took 35 minutes to get a coffee and breakfast.

In comparison it only took the server 5 minutes to bring me my bill once she took away the plate. I wasn't asked if i wanted a coffee refill at any time.

When i reviewed my bill, i was surprised to see that coffee was not included in the meal but it was a charge of $2.25 for a bottomless cup. Remember i said that at no time was i offered a refill. In fact the cups are very small.

As for the food, i ordered over easy eggs and they came to me hard, the sausage had no taste and the toast was cold, maybe because i waited 20 minutes for my meal.

All in all, i would say that this restaurant is your typical chain restaurant where attention to customer service is not a major concern.

One note, i would have sent my meal back, but at no time could i get a servers attention.

Upon leaving i did notice the server go to the table to retrieve her tip and upon seeing that there was none, gave me a very dirty look.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Collingwood, Canada
“New eatery in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Tried egg smart this week, very impressed with food and prices, just a little slow on service and parking was difficult... Although this I am sure was due to being very busy.
The food was hot and freshly cooked and portion sizes were generous, the big breakfast can easy serve two people! Price wise excellent value.
Will definitely be returning on a regular basis fir my weekend brunches.

• Visited May 2014