“Not a Lodge!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Lodge

Alpine Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Collingwood
Alpine Lodge
You added Alpine Lodge to your Saves list
Highway 26 West @ Craigleith, Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 3Z2, Canada   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Collingwood
“Not a Lodge!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2005

My friend and I were the recipients of a "free" one night stay at the Alpine Lodge in Collingwood the end of October 2004. The offer was made by Sun Ski Vacations as part of their promotional vacation package. The Alpine Lodge was one of their accomodations.

The place was clean enough but was furnished in a minimalist fashion and in fact is a Motel not a Lodge. A Motel is an off the road quick night sleep with no extras and this is what the Alpine Lodge offers. In all fairness, the Alpine Lodge does not pretend to be what it isn't, but the Sun Ski Vacations have still not reimbursed me for the cost of the overnight stay.

The restaurant food is good and the staff friendly enough but a Lodge it is Not.

• Stayed October 2005

Families
Couples
Solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

The reviews speak for themselves so ... anyone invited to stay at the Alpine Lodge should beware of the company inviting you. We found the company to be unprofessional and not at all "upfront". Five months after their presentation we have yet to receive the promised "incentive" gift. Phonecalls receive a runaround ... and no one wants to give either their name or the name of a superior - and that action (or lack of it) speaks for itself.

• Stayed October 2004, traveled on business
, Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, July 27, 2005
I must say that I am truly sorry for dealing with the time share company that most of these reviews are talking about. When this comapny would call people and tell them that they won a free stay at a 5 star resort and then when they would show up at my motel they felt that they where lied to and I cant blame then at all for being angry I would be two for I am not a 5 star resort
What I am is a clean motel with an outdoor heated pool 86 degrees with tenis courts and nice outdoor fire pit with picnic tables and bbqs it is exelant for
Inexpensive famley getaways. When I was dealing with the time share co I had no Idea that the timeshare company where cockroaches and I will never use them again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2005

This motel was very dumpy, the people next door to our room were yelling all night, the first thing i heard when i walked in was crickets...? and this again was the lodge used by a company for free getaways in return for sitting through a 90 minute presentation...i would never go again

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2004

This lodge is used by a company offering free getaways, in exchange for sitting through a 90 minute presentation. It is NOT worth it!!

, Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, July 27, 2005
this person is right no mater what DO NOT ever buy
or even go to a timeshare sales show
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2004

the restaurnt is by far the best place to eat in collingwood and the motel staff went well past the point of good service I would come again

Kitchener
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2004

We stayed at Alpine Lodge in Collingwood last weekend based on their #1 rating on travel advisor. We were extremely dissappointed the rooms were very small and they were not very clean. It is a little dumpy motel. What a let down. We will never stay there again.

, Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, July 27, 2005
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us
and if you where to contact me i would give you a refund now i now my rooms are not large but they are very clean

Been to Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!