“Light & delicious menu. "experience the Art"” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Thornbury, ontario
“Light & delicious menu. "experience the Art"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I love this restaurant, I was over for lunch with a friend in September, it's surrounded by windows, a white and black decour.High ceilings great accoustics. The food has chef signature written all over it, I had "nicosie sald> it was an abundant portion and a capuccino. I cant say enough . When we finished our meal we visited the art school and all the shops that are open to visit in the bldg, of local artisans.What a delight. When you're in Collingwood it make one of your stops, shop for a special person in your life.You won't be diappointed

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ChristopheBoivin, Owner at The Tremont Cafe, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your positive review. Please come see us again. Happy Holidays.
The Tremont Cafe

Toronto, Canada
“Interesting Brunch Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This restaurant has interesting, bright rooms. It is always wise to reserve in advance. Menu choices are unusual with delicious flavours. There are always specials which truly are special. I had a Tandoori Chicken Salad when I was last there. Not a menu item but I would definitely choose it again if given the chance!

• Visited November 2012
Thornbury
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went to the Tremont with 3 others for Lunch. Nice casual decor, friendly service, and a great meal. The nice point about this place, is they grind their own beef. So, when I ordered the Burger, I could order it Med Rare! You never can do this when the meat is ground elsewhere. The Burger was Great, as was everything else we had.

• Visited September 2012
Collingwood, Canada
“My Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Food and service excellent. Also - different from run of the mill dining - almost fine dining in a casual boutique setting. Wines are expensive - but still a good night out.

Visited March 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was looking for a nice place to have dinner for my husband's birthday. I went to Trip Advisor which rated the Tremont Cafe as number 1. I have spent time in the area my entire life and was not familiar with the restaurant - turns out it has been open only 2 years. It's in a beautifully restored building, bright and lovely decor. Excellent wine list, professional service. Obviously a lot of regulars who were greeted warmly. My husband had grilled calamari and the short ribs; I had the arugula salad and duck special. Imaginative veg which is always a nice surprise. Everything excellent - nothing left on our plates. For dessert we had the flourless chocolate tart and a banana creme caramel (to die for!). They comped us one dessert for the birthday which was nice. We will be back!

• Visited October 2012