Read some other reviews here and thought that we would give our opinion too. We were invited for a two night stay for free. Had to make a deposit by CC and lady at front desk told us we should get a cheque later on to get our deposit back... So we decided to give this inexpensive minivacation a try, since we only had to pay for breakfast and dinner.
The reason why they do this is to sell a time share.
Overall we and especially our kids had a good time. But it is just what you make of it yourselve. Lobby and front desk looks pretty good. Hallway and rooms are just old and not very well maintained. there was an updated bathroom although it was nothing very special, but.... it worked.
The swimming pool was very old, ceiling rusty and the hot tub was warm but outdated too. But yes the kids had lots of fun in the pool and that's the most important.
About the time share; DON'T DO IT!!!!
We talked to a lady who just got out of this contract, but lost all of her money they invested and had to pay more to get rid of the contract. We did the tour ourselves too, but it really sounds to good to be true. They showed us one room, very nice, as an example for accomodations all over the world if you join their program. Well, don't believe it. The lady (that lost all the invested money) told us that whenever they tried to book something, there was no availability, or just got an old room and once a condo that was under renovation.
It is not only because of this lady that we decided to not buy this time share, but just used our own brains, too!
A few strange things we heard from the salesperson is that the booking fee you have to pay for booking a vacation through the internet is $166. !!
The membershipfee and maintenance fee is almost $ 1,000 per year and the maintenance fee goes up every couple of years.
The time share lasts for 50!! years so that is at least $50,000 only on fees (without inflation).
Your children can inherit the time share so they have to deal with the fees later on..
The salesperson said the we could not think the offer over, we had to decide right away; and in our opinion that always means Trouble. Also we could not see a contract before to read it over, they first want you to say yes or no. Also they don't want you to talk to other people who are having the same tour, because when the video was over,( there were only three chairs in a row, so you could not sit beside another couple) we all got picked up the same second and were leaded somewhere else.
We believe that they just need money to fix up the place or something like that.
So keep control about your own money and spend it the way you want and not their way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have become the benchmark by which service and quality are measured in the Georgian Triangle. We provide personal attention, superior accommodations, incredible conference rooms, full service spa and salon on site, area discounts, and fine cuisine that other resorts are unable to match. We are located in the perfect location, minutes from Blue Mountain Village and all its amenities, and ski hills, and a few minutes from the busy downtown of beautiful Collingwood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Georgian Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Resort Collingwood, Ontario