“Don't buy the time share!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Georgian Manor Resort

You added Georgian Manor Resort to your Saves list
Georgian Manor Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Vacation Inn Drive, Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 5G4, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Collingwood
Stratford, Canada
“Don't buy the time share!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Read some other reviews here and thought that we would give our opinion too. We were invited for a two night stay for free. Had to make a deposit by CC and lady at front desk told us we should get a cheque later on to get our deposit back... So we decided to give this inexpensive minivacation a try, since we only had to pay for breakfast and dinner.
The reason why they do this is to sell a time share.

Overall we and especially our kids had a good time. But it is just what you make of it yourselve. Lobby and front desk looks pretty good. Hallway and rooms are just old and not very well maintained. there was an updated bathroom although it was nothing very special, but.... it worked.
The swimming pool was very old, ceiling rusty and the hot tub was warm but outdated too. But yes the kids had lots of fun in the pool and that's the most important.

About the time share; DON'T DO IT!!!!
We talked to a lady who just got out of this contract, but lost all of her money they invested and had to pay more to get rid of the contract. We did the tour ourselves too, but it really sounds to good to be true. They showed us one room, very nice, as an example for accomodations all over the world if you join their program. Well, don't believe it. The lady (that lost all the invested money) told us that whenever they tried to book something, there was no availability, or just got an old room and once a condo that was under renovation.
It is not only because of this lady that we decided to not buy this time share, but just used our own brains, too!
A few strange things we heard from the salesperson is that the booking fee you have to pay for booking a vacation through the internet is $166. !!
The membershipfee and maintenance fee is almost $ 1,000 per year and the maintenance fee goes up every couple of years.
The time share lasts for 50!! years so that is at least $50,000 only on fees (without inflation).
Your children can inherit the time share so they have to deal with the fees later on..

The salesperson said the we could not think the offer over, we had to decide right away; and in our opinion that always means Trouble. Also we could not see a contract before to read it over, they first want you to say yes or no. Also they don't want you to talk to other people who are having the same tour, because when the video was over,( there were only three chairs in a row, so you could not sit beside another couple) we all got picked up the same second and were leaded somewhere else.

We believe that they just need money to fix up the place or something like that.
So keep control about your own money and spend it the way you want and not their way!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Espanola, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Alright, so I noticed that a few people complained about this resort, so I decided that I should give my take on this great place!
My wife and I loved it! The hotel and room was clean and nicely furnished, and although the hotel is the oldest part of the resort, it's still in great condition! They are about to spend $16,000,000 on renovations to that part of the resort, including a brand new pool, and games center.
They are right close to the ski hill, have their own golf course, and their own mini-golf course, and they are located minutes from the Georgian Bay beach just a short ways from Wasaga Beach!
The new condominium side of the resort is of a 5-Star caliber with high ceilings, amazing furnishings, great views!
We were a short drive from some great shopping and casino playing!

My buddy has been a member of the RCI Condominium Holiday Points program for several decades, and he and his family have travelled all over the world including Hawaii half a dozen times, and he sold me on their program way before I visited The Georgian Manor Resort!
I'm now a member and I can't say enough about how happy my wife and I, and our family are with our membership! I am now the official go to guy for our extended family to help them get the lowest travel, ticket deals available!
I will do everything I can to get the rest of my family to join RCI, and The Georgian Manor Resort in Collingwood is THE place that I'll be suggesting that they visit and signup with!

If you want more info on this, please email me at aim4itnow @ gmail . com (I added the spaces, just remove them) I'll send you a $25 gift certificate for any store you choose if you decide to join RCI!

Roger

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

We were offered a free 3days at the manor via email, after responding I was contacted by a rep who said this was for a time share presentation, I am very grad we took the offer, the stay was pleasant, not sure what people are complaining about, the check in was smooth, no line ups, our room was nice and clean, not new as they said it would be but the most important thing is that is was clean and smelled freshly cleaned. We had dinner the first night at the restaurant, they give dinner vouchers for that the food was good but very pricey so we opted to eat elsewhere for the following night. Now the sales presentation, we knew what we were getting into, the sales rep was funny and very pleasant and when we said we had no intention in purchasing the time shares he then called his manager, he then kept lowering the initial offer when he realized we weren't buying it was fine, this whole thing was about 2h, we got the refund of the $70 right there an than, so I don't know how some people complain about the refund. So we almost didn't go because of reviews but when I went to check out other hotels reviews they all have pretty bad reviews as well, even the most expensive ones, so we learned not to base our decision on the trip advisor, to be honest the hole weekend was a steal, great value, how can you wrong? My only complaint would be the indoor pool, it's way to small and was packed with kids so we didn't get to enjoy it at all, the spa was excellent, I do recommend visiting.This is a great place to bring kids, seems to be allot of activities for them more so than to the adults.I personally think that during the summer we would have enjoyed it allot more.

Courtice, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

After reading all the reviews for the Georgian Manor I wanted to cancel but my husband said let's give it a try - so we did. Boy and I am glad we went! Check-In friendly and prompt. Our hotel room was newly decorated, large and had everything you need (mini fridge, microwave, coffeemaker). Yes the bathroom was small but how much room do you need! We took the tour (2 hours but first 1/2 hr was just chatting with Brian) and had ABSOLUTELY NO PRESSURE. We are already timeshare owners and always like to see other resorts that we can trade into. The restaurant was quite good both nights (BBQ ribs, fresh fish, seafood pasta). Breakfasts (a la carte & buffet) were great. Service excellent for all meals (thanks Susan & Peter). Our 15 year old boys went snowboarding and had a great time. They swam in the hotel pool (a little small) and sat in the hot tub after snowboarding all day. Give Georgian Manor a try - you won't be disappointed. We will write back to Tripadvisor if there is an issue with refunding our $$, as most others commented on, however we do not antipate any, after speaking to the receptionist/timeshare co-ordinator etc. about all the negative comments on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

After reading the horror stories re. Georgian Manor on this website I called and cancelled my stay near the end of January. The woman I spoke to was a little miffed at these reviews, saying they didn't reflect the sentiment of the majority of guests. Nonetheless she gave us a full refund right then and there. She was polite, happy enough to do it and the refund showed up the next day on my card.Then I went to Great Wolf Lodge. Wow! That place rocks!!!

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

The stay was ok, it was supposed to be free promotional stay if we listened to a 90 minutes time share sales presentation. After the presentation they were going to refund the $70 deposit and $100 for ski tickets. To this day I have not received both. I have contacted my credit card company and opened up a case with them. I suggest anybody that is going through similar issues do the same.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We were staying at the Cranberry Resort prior to The Georgian Manor. We needed additional accomadation for 2 more nights at the last minute and this resort was available. It was ok...nothing really good to say about it. The rooms were clean. I prefer The Cranberry Resort over this resort.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Georgian Manor Resort? Share your experiences!