We went to this 'event' with a rough idea. The sales pitch lasted 4 hours as we heard various deals - first 33K, then 29K then 14K then 10K then $4900 for the get your foot in the door membership.
In all cases, the speech were the same, this is an opportunity of a lifetime, you have to BUY NOW or you will regret this for the rest of your life. And you're not allowed to bring it home to think over. This was a well rehearsed speech by the sales team.
This selling team went through various routines : good-cop/bad cop, bait and switch, and my favourite ---- "This just in, an incredible resale from a tradein --- james, pls hold this unique resale from others while this nice couple here look at it" (riiiight....)
The selling team also claimed that you can cancel within five days, but if you were careful about the wording of the contract, you'll find this is false --- your offer to buy is irrevocable and is binding once it is accepted by the developer. Once they have your cheque, all they have to do is pronounce : "I accept this offer" and you really have no recourse.
Among the biggest problem presented by the team was the claim that you can directly exchange your 2bdroom avg-condo week in collingwood for a week in a castle in england. (Riiiight...) This is not true for people who understand how the RCI points system exchange system works. Our last presentation in a different resort was significantly more trutful than these guys, so be careful.
The biggest surprise for anyone looking at buying timeshare (deeded or RTUs) is to understand that there is an active resale market where supply very greatly exceeds demand. You will find that 48 yr resales can be had for significantly less than what they asked for. I have seem prices of < 1/4 of their rates on 48 yr remaining resales including closing legal costs.
Before you get into this, do yourself a favour and read up on ------------------. There are caveats, some really nasty ones that you have to be aware of.
Also for example, -------------------- may have some incredible good offers if you search under timeshare --- today, I saw an RTU (Right to Use) 2 bdroom in cranberry resort, collingwood that can be had tor USD299 plus close to usd1000 legal closing costs.
In hindsight, the fastest way to get out was to make up a story --- look guys, I like what you're selling, but truth is, I'm up to my neck in debt, my cheques are bouncing everywhere, and my pride and joy, the '79 pinto is about to be reposessed. If I gave you the deposit, my bank will bounce it. Or something to that effect. :)
Btw, the room was terrible --- ceilings peeling, bathroom tiny and wet. Beds basically clean though --- but since it was almost free other than the pain of the 4 hour gruelling, you really can't complain.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Hotel
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Manor
- Georgian Manor Resort Collingwood, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have become the benchmark by which service and quality are measured in the Georgian Triangle. We provide personal attention, superior accommodations, incredible conference rooms, full service spa and salon on site, area discounts, and fine cuisine that other resorts are unable to match. We are located in the perfect location, minutes from Blue Mountain Village and all its amenities, and ski hills, and a few minutes from the busy downtown of beautiful Collingwood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, EasyToBook and Venere so you can book your Georgian Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.