“Still no refund!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Georgian Manor Resort

You added Georgian Manor Resort to your Saves list
Georgian Manor Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Vacation Inn Drive, Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 5G4, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Collingwood
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Still no refund!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I wrote a review regarding staying at this hotel April 1st to 3rd. I had to leave a $79 deposit which I thought would be returned to me at the end of the stay. I was told it would be mailed to me. I phone numerous times and was told the refund was in the mail. After writing the last review, this past June I received a response from Duane Lee asking me if the refund was paid in cash or Visa. He said that is what the hold up was. I responded to Duane Lee and told him it was paid for by Visa. This is now the end of September. I do not see me getting my refund back. I do not know how Collingwood would allow such businesses. The mayor and the newspaper is my next on the list. It is not even about the $79 anymore it is about how a hotel in this beautiful town can get away with this. I am not happy at all. I think it bothers me so because my family all live in Collingwood and this company is so low as to rip people off if they stay there. I am very disappointed in this whole matter and again do not understand how the mayor is allowing this.

Room Tip: Do not go there. It is a scam. There are lots of beautiful places to stay around Collingwood. Stay a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Front desk is pleasure but lack of communication between areas. Mini putt - we were told the by the front desk it closes at 7 PM. Ensure we were back at 6 PM to play one round. Was told sorry we close at 6 PM. Hours change and the front desk had no clue. When to play the next day and was told some had use our guest pass. Lucky for us the person that turn us away the day before was the same and remember us.

Restaurant food was good but the service super slow. Made reservation as suggested, waited 10 minutes before I could flag down a server and 10 more mins to get a table. 15 minutes to get serve. Summary we arrive at the restaurant at 8 pm finally rec'd drinks at 8:45 and food at 9 PM. Would I go back - no way, as I was suppose to relax and not have a test of patience

Room Tip: Don't go even if you get a Groupon discount coupon. Just go to Collingwodd and rent a hotel room...
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We got a dealfind $59 voucher for 2 nights and 3 days stay in a standard room.The only requirement of this was to attend a 90 mins presentation.

Our stay was very pleasant and the room was a also quite nice. the only thing which was a bit unpleasant was the service at their restaurant.. 1. Service was very slow... 2. Not enough attention was given to customers.. I believe this is due to the inadequate staff. There were only 2 service people for the entire restaurant.

Rest everything was quite good.. Most of the sight seeing places are near to the resort. No complaints about the RCI presentation, front desk or any other hotel staff.. ALL GOOD :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Duanegmr, Guest Relations Manager at Georgian Manor Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your review, we are certainly happy to hear you had a nice time. I apologize that you felt the service was slow in the restaurant, it does happen that we get too busy for our own good sometimes, we make every effort to service all of our guests in a timely manner and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Annapolis Royal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I just want to say thanks to Georgian Manor for making our 3 night stay a great experience. We decided to give the resort a try for a relaxing get away. We stayed September 6-8 and we were not disappointed. Check-in was seamless as was front desk help getting us settled into our room. We had the one bedroom suite with comfy king bed. I'm picky with room cleanliness, especially bathrooms and everything in our room was spotless and loved the new decor. We were busy on the go touring Collingwood, however, the couple of cloudy/rainy days, we took the opportunity to check out the facilities, including the Chill Spa. We used the indoor pool which I liked and my husband didn't let the rain stop him using the outdoor pool. We were impressed with the entrance into the resort as well as how well the grounds were taken care of. The golfing looked like fun as many people were out playing, however, the day we were going to go we were rained out. No big deal, we went shopping at an outdoor market and a leisurely drive westward along the Georgian Bay to Meaford. RELAXING....
We did not spend every hour at the resort, however, we did eat breakfasts both continental and the buffet and the odd lunch. I really liked the buffet as the food was fresh, hot and tasty. Fresh yummy omelette's made to order right in front of you by Merv. We had Mehgan as our server and she kept our coffee cup filled. The buffet filled us up so much so that we never were hungry usually till the evening meal. While the resort was busy, it was not noisy, which we both appreciated. We arrived with a positive attitude of knowing what we wanted and we can say that we are happy with our experience. We will be back again with looking forward to being pampered at the Chill Spa and the next time...... golfing. Cheers from Nova Scotia!!!

Room Tip: Room 233........terrific. Comfy king bed. Nice new decor. One bedroom with kitchenette with stove...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and all the way from Nova Scotia as well. We always appreciate hearing from our guests who enjoy their stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I purchased a DealFind voucher for the Georgian Manor Resort for $89: it included two nights stay in a renovated room,two mani-pedis, two 30 minute relaxation massages, a facial and a credit to dinner or on-site mini putt. Catch was, we had to attend a 90 minute sales pitch. I was apprehensive about what to expect, since the reviews are not exactly in their favour, but we were pleasantly surprised.
Check in was quick and easy, and they do not take a deposit and hold it for months, as some have said. Rather, they put a hold of $100 on your card, and the services you partake in during your stay are billed to your room, and the discounts are applied then. If you choose not to redeem your extra services like the spa or dinner, you get the $100 back at checkout, minus tax. Keep in mind, tax on the DealFind voucher (about $11) and gratuities are not included, so all the spa treatments cost us $40 (deducted from the $100 "hold"), and for two of us, dinner cost around $30 after the $25 discount, also conveniently charged to the room and deducted from the "hold". We also had three drinks at the bar, and all that pretty much covered the whole $100 hold. We felt this was still money well spent; for all that we received, we had still spent under $200 for two nights/three days.
The spa is newly renovated and staff are friendly. Book your spa appointments well in advance to make sure they have appointments available during your stay! Try to find out beforehand when your tour will be so that you don't double book.
The room was average, with an updated bathroom and fairly new decor. Included a microwave and mini-fridge (which contained someone's old take out food - whoops!), a television which emitted some serious electronic noise no matter what channel it was on, and a small balcony overlooking the pool.
We opted for the dinner credit instead of mini putt (though the course looked pretty nice and we saw lots of people out playing). The restaurant is pretty outdated but cozy, food was about on par with what you'd get at a wedding reception; pretty generic but not bad overall. Have uploaded pictures of the room and food.
The 90 minute sales pitch was scheduled for 9am the day after we arrived. Kind of a pain to drag yourself outta bed early on vacation and attend something like that. They provide coffee, tea and juice before they sit you down and give you the pitch. It ran a bit long, but we were chatting with the guy throughout. If you're not interested, grin and bear it, and politely decline when it comes time to buy. It does seem like a good deal, if you have the money to travel, it definitely would have its' perks. Just remember, it's their job to try to sell it to you, so there's no need to be rude. They are very friendly, eager to please and we didn't feel pressured or obligated to buy anything we weren't ready for. We may even consider it in the future.
Overall, the amenities were nice, the staff were friendly, spa was relaxing... It was a nice trip. Don't expect the Shangri-La, but we would do it again for the price we paid. Definitely not worth their advertised "$220" per night for those without DealFind vouchers or Groupons, but judging on how full the sales pitch room was, and how small the hotel is, I don't think there were many (if any) full-price paying customers anyhow.
It seems like they're attempting to update the whole place slowly but surely, so I would imagine it can only get better.

• Stayed September 2012
On behalf of our resort, I would like to thank you for your honest, and candid review. Also, thanks for posting photos for other people to enjoy. It is a pleasure to hear from our happy and satisfied guests, and we always try our very best to ensure all our valued guests and members enjoy their holiday time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

After reading some of the reviews to tell you the truth I wanted to cancel my trip: with RCI we were allocated a room number so we figured that we were going to be on the 3rd floor, we handed up on the first floor close to the office and supply locker where all the staff get in and out real early in the morning for their supplies,reason being that they were over booked because of Labor Weekend, however they offer for us to come back on Monday morning to see what they could do. We didn't as we were already unpacked, however we should have. Room 122 is okay for people like us that don't sleep in, the slamming of the doors from the locker might bother you. Room clean and practical, it's close to the pool and the parking lot. The pool was clean , the tennis court was great and the golf was awesome ! We visited a 3rd floor room before our departure and we would definitely come back for that !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we always ike to hear the good, and even the not so good from our valued guests. Please contact me in advance of your next trip or anyone in our reservations department so we can make sure you get a chance to stay in our beautiful suites on your next holiday here.

Mississauga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

They are not a resort by themselves...they work through this time share company called Resort Holiday Group which they say is their marketing team but in fact is a different company altogether...
Coming to my experience
I got a voucher to stay with them for 2 days...for which I had to call Resort Holiday Group get a reservation done...
Georgian Manor Resort doesn't entertain you directly.

The so called "marketing company" will scrutinize you first based on your age, your family income, your occupation etc etc...

Once you fit in their requirements, they'll ask for your credit card number to hold the booking...
Remember I had already paid for the stay by paying for the voucher? Well, they said the voucher is all I have to pay, the credit card number is required again so that if I don't attend a 90 minute tour of the property which is a mandatory requirement, they'll charge me the actual price (almost $800)...Ridiculous!!!

Well to say the least, its a marketing scam they want you to be a part of for which they are giving you a stay in their resort...
Fortunately or unfortunately, the lady whom I talked to for the booking never send me the email confirming my booking...and I was never able to reach them on the phone after that!
I just cancelled the trip and wasted my long weekend!

Am still waiting to hear from them, if they reply back with an apology, well and good, I'll update their tales of attitude otherwise this review is a clear representation of their non-professionalism!
I'll re-iterate...BEWARE!

Update: I didn't get to hear back from them since then, to say that their was a mistake on their part and they are sorry was something any company would do who cares about their customers and treats them like people rather than money minting objects! Sad :(

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Georgian Manor Resort? Share your experiences!