“OK for a place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Georgian Manor Resort

You added Georgian Manor Resort to your Saves list
Georgian Manor Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Vacation Inn Drive, Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 5G4, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Collingwood
Champlin
“OK for a place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We had never been to Collingwood, had an opportunity to use some of our time share points and decided to visit. The room was small but, cClean and quiet. We ate at the breakfast brunch twice, good food and service. The Manor was centrally located and we were able to tour the area. Did enjoy the golf experience!

Room Tip: Our room was up a flight of stairs, not a good fit for carrying luggage and would not have worked we...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We were told this was a time share deal, but we were also told that we'd be able to experience it first-hand before making a decision. We were NOT put in one of the timeshare places, instead we were placed in a hotel room so dark I had trouble picking clothes out from my suitcase. We checked the lighting, which called for 100 watt bulbs - 60 watt. The toilet seat in the bathroom was broken and kept falling to the floor everytime somone sat down. The mattresses were so bad, we felt every coil in the beds and had the worst two night's sleep ever. When I stressed how important the internet was to me for business I was told they had wireless. They didn't tell me that the signal was so bad it was a gamble whether or not we'd get a connection - I was told to go to the local McDonalds or A&W which has internet. My 10 year old son cut his toe (lots of bleeding) on something sharp in the pool. No managers came running. We were given a bandage. They did NOT close the pool for cleaning. Dinner - had a 10 oz steak that was tough and chewy and asparagus that must have been dipped in hot water because they were still raw with no seasoning. When asked how the meal was I was given a lecture on the cut of meat and told that was standard. No it isn't. Other than all this, the staff was exceptional - can't fault their pleasantness, but overall couldn't wait to get back home. As for the sales tour - major major high pressured sales. My husband and I are both in sales so we know all the tricks of the trade. Lastly, we were promised our deposit would go back on our credit card, and now they're telling us they'll send us a cheque. Not impressed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Beeton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

The people were nice. The rooms were great. The outside mini golf was the best outdoor course that I have seen so far, my whole family enjoyed it. We ate supper in the restaurant and the food was delicious and plentiful. The price was reasonable.

Mississauga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My boyfriend and I "won" a trip for a one night stay at the Georgian Manor on a weekend night (Sat. night). We had already decided we were just going to take advantage of a freebie and not fall for the 90 min. spiel about signing up with their vacation plan. We were given a 2 for 1 coupon for dinner which we didn't use and a $10 off coupon for brunch which we did use. It was 2 and 1/4 hours long spiel. We went through 3 people. The first lady, very nice, down to earth who told us about the biggest package they had (almost $32,000). Could work if you're retired with moolah, or you have lots of family who can share the package with you. The 2nd, more business like, sharper dressed and sharper toned, told us of a smaller package about half the price of the big package. After that didn't work, we were introduced to a man who was to sign us out. I asked him about our refund for the room, he said of course (in a brushed off kind of way). Then he told us about another package which was even smaller, cheaper at $3200. When that didn't work on us, he muttered something like "hope you had a nice stay" and started to walk away. I got up and walked to him and asked about the refund again. He said "oh yes, let me get that for you" as if he had totally forgotten about it. The refund came in the form of a cheque. So make sure you get a cheque for your refund!!! It's not a refund on your credit card. You'll have to go through with the spiel to understand what the value is in terms of the price and what you get. I think it could work for some people, but it just wasn't for us.

The room itself was decent but on the small side. The ceiling seemed a good 6 inches lower than a standard ceiling. I wonder if they do that on purpose because during the spiel, we were given a tour of a 2 bedroom resort room which was very large and luxurious.

We didn't use the 2 for 1 coupon for dinner as we ate outside the resort. We did use the $10 coupon at breakfast, a buffet. Mind you it's $13.95 per person, so even with the coupon it was something like $21 plus tip. It's a good buffet, there's a chef who makes omletes and fresh waffles - both excellent. The waitress was there to serve coffee right when we sat down. You have to ask for toast and orange juice though. Everything else is self serve.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

After reading the reviews, admittedly, I was concerned about our trip to the Georgian Manor Resort. We stayed in a nice room and they had a lot of amenities for the whole family. The tour was fine, but at the end the salesperson copped a bit of an attitude because we said no to buying the timeshare. However, I was expecting that because people had told me that in the past. I'm glad that I had read on here to ask for my deposit back from the salesperson who did the presentation. I had a cheque in my hand within 5 minutes. Only thing is that the presentation was 2 1/2 hours instead of the quoted 90 minutes.

The restaurant is quite dated, but we were told it's part of a $16M renovation that is underway. Even with being under renovation, the hotel was clean, the staff was nice, and the room was nice.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We have stayed here for several years, as my parents have a timeshare here for more than 10 yrs. The kitchen was supposed to have been remodeled/updated. However it was really poor quaility cabinets, which are already starting to warp. The doors do not line up properly. Paint was missing along the back splash, and along the bulkhead over the upper cupboards. It looked like a poor DIY project!
In addition the housekeeping was poor. The cups in the kitchen had tea/coffee stains in them. The bathroom had a hair all over the floor and the vent in the living room was covered in dust! It was disgusting!
The public areas are lovely, just our room was unacceptable!

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

we were offered a three day (two nights) free package and planed to take the 90 minutes presentation/tour. however, with the negative reviews we read here, we decided to cancel the trip.

we called the customer centre, and the staff there were polite and friendly. we had no trouble cancelling the booking, and the $79.95 deposite was returned to our credit card in three business days.

as we didn't go there and thus could not comment about the service and sales people there...but i have to say that the experience dealing with their customer reps was good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Georgian Manor Resort? Share your experiences!