My story begins with my wife calling your Resort for a price and was told only a few rooms left and we would have to pay close to $200.00. I was online and noticed a price of $125.00 quoted online and booked a room. My first concern is why is your staff quoting a higher price then the website?
When we checked out we were advised by the staff that due to the confusion of the price she spoke with her manager and given a complimentary stay. We were kind of taken back by this statement and then left. No receipt was handed to us – no documentation. So we left.
I notice a charge on my credit card bill of $140.00 on June 30, 2009 which I assume was the online booking. I thought to myself then why would they have told us they were giving us a free room for the trouble?
So due to my schedule my wife called on July 7th and then again July 10th and then again July 13 and then again July 16 – during this time spoke with a total of 7 people. I called myself two more times to deal with two more of the front end staff on July 16th. A total of 8 times with 8 people advising they would call us back each time.
When my wife called on the 16th – she was told 3 different points of the day that front end manager was in meetings or away from the desk. Then when I spoke with another person they claimed she was away injured or what have you.
So July 21 I am called by an assitant manager and advised that the Front End Manager is not crediting back as per the front end staff statement to us on July 4, 2009. My next concern is the manager is not a very organized manager to let this sit in limbo since July 7, 2009. I agree if she was injured – someone should have picked up the case and dealt with it.
It seems Cranberry cares more about the money and not the customer satisfaction. All we needed was someone to call maybe the next day and we would be more understanding of the Cranberry Resort error. However, the manager decided to let this sit and do nothing about it.
They made me feel like one customer was not a big deal to the Cranberry Resort. However, word of mouth is very important and despite some claims of this hotel/resort being nice - Customer Satisfaction is the key to success or failure of a service/hotel and they made a customer feel unimportant and to this day the front end manager has never tried to call me.
The only nice part of the trip was the breakfast buffet staff and leaving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Ontario