My family and I stayed at Cranberry resort because we were attending a wedding. There are 3 locations for Cranberry resort and we stayed at the Waterfront location. It was difficult to find because the name of the building didn't include the Cranberry logo and from the sign/building it initially looked like a retirement residence.
Upon check-in, we had difficultly getting our room because they mistook us for another guest and when attempting to get the room we booked, we still had difficulty when producing a confirmation. The front desk was very unorganized and we found that other guests encountered similar problems.
The suite was large and spacious with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and included a washer/dryer, main closet and a living room/kitchen. One bedroom had a closet and one didn't.
The kitchen had dirt (appeared to be food on the walls) and some of the walls in the suite had scuff marks. One of the bathroom sinks was grimy. Besides that, it appeared as though the rest of the suite was clean.
The wedding venue was nice but wasn't attached to the resort, you had to walk to it or take a shuttle. With many guests, the wait for the shuttle to get to the wedding was long and we decided to drive. The shuttle service at the end of the night was better. The wedding dinner and service was ok.
The beds in the suite were comfortable but we found the pillows to be uncomfortable and they only offered one style of pillow.
In the morning, we used the coffee maker and it leaked all over the counter.
Upon check-out, we encountered additions problems and left being frustrated and overall disappointed with the organization and customer service. I was hoping to enjoy the experience because Cranberry is close to Blue Mountain and if I enjoyed my experience I would have returned in future. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case and we wont return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Ontario