The unit was a good size but very dirty. We were checked in and had to wait outside our room while they finished cleaning it. There was food left in the cupboards, the microwave smelled of over-cooked food which made the whole unit smell awful, there were bits of food still in the microwave, candy wrappers and garbage under the couch, food and crumbs on the couch, stains on the couch, crumbs on the floor of the living room area, found what we thought was an extra blanket in a drawer that had stains and garbage in it, no soap in the bathroom, dust around the tubs and everywhere else, and the continuous shuttle to the mountain they advertise is a lie.
Lori from VIP member services called 4 times, asked if everything was ok. When I mentioned the concerns she said she would have someone take care of it but nothing was done until I called the front desk two times and the staff took six hours to come and forgot to bring the soap. VIP services only cared to get me to the lobby to take a survey and look at the new units they were building.
We stayed in a two bedroom unit at the waterfront suites which are newer since all their timeshare viewings are done out of there, and although it was decent, it already looked run down. The carpet never made it all the way to the edge of the wall, the Windows didn't close all the way, the fireplace was coming off the wall, and the carpet was different colours. The walls are so thin we heard everything upstairs, in the halls, and even the traffic up and down the staircase. If you wanted to swim or use any of their facilities you had to drive to the main building. Because the rest of the unit was not clean we refrained from using anything in the kitchen. After calling in a late check out we received an unwelcomed wake up five separate times before the regular check out hour. The experience was horrible.
Good: WiFi in the room and plenty of parking.
Bad: Everything else.
Recommendation: I wouldn't unless it is as a last resort accommodation only to visit Blue Mountain, it's close enough to anything you'll need. But beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Ontario