You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Collingwood
Waterloo, Canada
“Nice Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My friends and I always stay here during winter for a snowboarding/skiing weekend. Its not too far from Blue Mountain and it comes with a free breakfast.

Staff are very nice and friendly, service is good.

Being an Elite member WiFi is free this is always a good thing.

Breakfast is ok, don't expect much from it, some how I doubt that the scrambled eggs are "real" eggs or they just put lots of milk since its cheaper. But sausage was ok, nice to see some fresh fruits and yogurt and I like the pancake maker.

Location is pretty good, its surround by lots of restaurants, there is movie theatre if needed and a grocery store.

When I stay at Holiday Inns, I don't expect much from it, I wont rate it compared to InterContinental Hotels that I stay. But there's still should be a minimum requirement. I'm not looking for something fancy but at least clean and presentable and no broken or fixtures falling a part or wallpaper starting to peel off.

The hotel looks updated outside but the rooms shows its old or patched up and in-need of a proper renovation.

Every time I stay here there's always kids running around the hallways and yelling which can be very annoying, and this is hard to control

Overall I would stay here again just because I'm an Elite member and it gives me good benefits. So far I'm satisfied and happy with my stay.

The only thing its a bit expensive for what it is, price is almost close to the Chalet's at the Village.

Room Tip: I like staying in their family rooms as its very spacious esp if there will be 4-6 people staying.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear BRAI79,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel, staff very nice and friendly, service good, location convenient and breakfast up to par with your expectations. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mississauga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Don't bother, if they can't even reply to an email, their service can't be that good in person either. I've emailed the Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood twice with no response. My inquiry was in regards to possibily making a reservation, I wanted to give them business, I guess they didn't want my business. Unfortunately emailing Corporate Guest Relations didn't make a difference either, they forwarded my inquiry to the hotel again and still I received no response. My final response from Guest Relations was sorry we tried. I still have no response to inquiry. The hotel doesn't care and Corporate doesn't care about customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Khair S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive reply back to your email inquiry for a possible reservation with our hotel. Recently, we have changed our email address to info@collingwood-hie.com and we will do every effort to make sure that our new email address is updated for all of reservation channels. Please also contact us at sales@collingwood-hie.com. We hope to have the honor of serving you, should your travel bring you to Collingwood in the future.

Guest Service Manager
Amherstburg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My son and I stayed here while we enjoyed skiing at Blue Mountain. The location was great, about 10 minutes from the mountain, very close to restaurants and to the highway out of town. The hot breakfast in the morning was a very welcome addition to our stay. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean. This is a perfect option for anyone who wants a little bit of everything, location, value, service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am very pleased to hear that you liked the location and our Star Breakfast. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Collingwood.

Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Our check in at this Holiday Inn was very efficient and the staff was friendly. A discount coupon for Boston Pizza was provided at check in, and, as a priority club member, we were given a bottle of water and a granola bar. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was free WIFI, and a great breakfast was provided. The hotel is located across the street from a movie theatre, eating establishments, and some shopping.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This Holliday Inn is a good option for who is going to the Blue Mountain in northern ontario. THe hotel is right in downtown, with great shopping options, super markets and restaurants around, and the best thing is that it is just a 10 minute drive to the blue mountain slopes. There ir also breakfast included, which make the price worth it. The room are just regular and clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Recently stayed for one night while in Collingwood. We had an issue with our first room and the front desk manager moved us to the Niagara suite which was very large with jacuzzi tub.

This hotel is good if you are just looking for a place to spend a few nights while skiing or spending time in Collingwood. The location is very convenient.

Breakfast was super busy but had a large selection and was great that it is included in the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Maria S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stay in this hotel when we go skiing in the Blue Mountain. We stayed in the room with two queen beds and a pull out couch. The room also has a sink and a microwave This room works best for our family.

To us, this hotel is a place to crash after a day of skiing. Then have a breakfast (we love their pancake making machine) in the morning and go skiing again. This routine has worked well for us for the past few years.

Great pool too.

It is a short drive from the hotel to the Blue Mountain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain

Address: 4 Balsam St, Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 3J4, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Collingwood
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Collingwood
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood Blue Mountain Hotel. We are a smoke free property. Our hotel features Complimentary Deluxe Express Start Breakfast. Enjoy our heated indoor pool, FREE high-speed Internet connection. Access to walking trails such as The Georgian Trail, Bruce Trail, Niagara Escarpment and Scenic Caves. The Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood/Blue Mountain is conveniently located 10 minutes from Wasaga Beach the worlds longest fresh water beach, Le Scandinave Spa, and only minutes away from the Village at Blue Mountain where you can experience the unique atmosphere year round.We are Close to industries including Pilkington Glass, Zellers, Home Depot, Rona, WalMart, Loblaw s and Zehrs Markets, Our large parking lot has room for RV's or trailers. WE ARE 100% SMOKE FREE .Holiday Inn Express with Sinton Bus Lines offers a weekly FREE trip to Casino Rama including a FREE dinner buffet at the casino. Holliday Inn Exress Collingwood/BlueMountain is two stories with an elevator and an indoor heated pool.A credit card is required upon arrival with photo identification. The cardholder must be 21 years of age and reside in the registered room. Cash or cheques will not be accepted as deposits or as an alternative to a credit card. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain
Holiday Inn Express Collingwood
Holiday Inn Collingwood
Collingwood Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain Ontario

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.