You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Collingwood
Barrie, Ontario
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend away. The hotel was nice and in a good location. Only a short drive to the mountain and the caves. The gentleman working the evening shift both nights was very friendly. He also gave us a 10% discount card for Boston Pizza. The only issue I had was that our room was right near the back door and we could hear it slam whenever someone went through it, and there was a large group of people coming back from a wedding late Saturday night and they were really loud in the hallways. Not the hotel's fault but it was annoying. Other than that, a nice weekend away.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bowmanville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had reserved a non-smoking King room online just over a week before our trip. When we arrived on September 17, we were greeted by Rob, at the Front Desk, who was very friendly and knowledgeable. However, upon opening the door to Room 222, I immediately smelled cigarette smoke. There was an odor eliminator maching running on the desk in the room. I called Rob at the front desk and said that we would be going out for a few hours, but if the room still smelled like smoke when we returned, we'd like to be moved to another King room. Rob was very friendly and agreed to accommodate our request.

When we returned, the room still smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and when we returned to the front desk, Rob apologized for the inconvenience and said he had held a King room for us. The new room, #132, was clean and smelled fresh. We were happy with this new room, and its proximity to the breakfast area. Our only complaint about our stay was the extremely firm and uncomfortable bed.

The hotel is obviously an older property and is undergoing renovations, but its friendly staff and proximity to the village are definitely a plus.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 132, which is close to the breakfast area, lobby, and parking. It also has a frid...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear BucketListLiving,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We greatly appreciate the positive remarks on our hotel staff. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unusual smell of the first room you received. Though this matter has been resolved in a timely manner, I regret this has negatively impacted your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was the closest to Millenium Park, it had a pool, and hot breakfast. We were here from 24 to 26 August. We found everyone very friendly, and everything clean. The breakfast was very good and there was a lot of variety available. The pool water was warm. The air conditioner, while cooling the room to the desired temperature, was loud. While this is not the responsibility of the staff working there now, the elevators and the stairs are difficult to locate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've never stayed at any Holiday Inn's before but after last weekend's stay I definitely don't want to visit another franchise again.

Although, the customer service was great it didn't cover up the fact that our room was stinky and dirty. Prior to entering our room we noticed a musty stinky smell in the entire hallway leading to our room. The smell was also sensed in our room when we entered so I had to turn on the air to ventilate the room. We noticed a few stains on the bed linen and still noticed it the next day when house keeping "cleaned" our room. There were two queen beds in our room...so the first day we slept in one of them and I had no bed bug bites. However, the second night we slept in the other bed and I woke up to 3 linear bed bug bites on my leg. That is disgusting. Now I question if house keeping even changes the bed linen for every new guest since there were questionable stains on one of the beds.

The room a night was already quite high for standards this low. I definitely would not return and would rather shell out more money to get a cleaner stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Kimberley N,

Krysllin G.
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Location of this hotel is excellent Hotel is 4 minutes from Georgian bay, and 7 minutes from Blue Mountain Village. Beds was very comfortable, flat screen in rooms. No fridge in room was a little let down. Staff was very friendly, especially housekeeping crew. Pool was also very nice, and not to busy as well. Overall very nice stay and if I go back to
Colingwood I would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked a room with one king-sized bed. Bed was comfortable. LG flat-screen TV was as guaranteed. The room was not very spacy, neither was the bathroom. There was no fridge, a wooden closet was there instead of the common built-in ones. Facilities in the room looked a little old, i.e. the sink and bath tub areas.
We had a chance to use their pool, descent depth and size. No extra towels available on the deck though. Be prepared to bring your own from the room. And DO ask the staff for directions as the signs to the pool are not so clear.
Most staff were friendly and helpful, but the guy who was at the front desk was not very welcoming.From the moment we checked-in I felt I was being interrogated. Later the night of our stay, my boyfriend went to him for extra plastic bags to make some ice bags, and he was not being understanding or friendly. My boyfriend even witnessed him saying "you won't find a room in collingwood tonight. this is the civic long weekend" to a lady who dropped by attempting to find a place to stay.
Overall, we were not disappointed, except $167/night definitely matched the holiday popularity!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The first time I visited Holiday Inn, I was not impressed at all. This was my second and my impression is still unchanged. Ups and downs to consider but cons exceed pros. Breakfast was great. They have a pancake maker which I haven't seen before. Wide selection. Table arrangement was odd. No privacy for each family. Feels like a highschool cafeteria. Sheets were stained and the room though mentioned a non smoking room sure had a hint of cigarette. Room was wide, well spaced. Bathroom tile were dirty and some were cracked. The showerhead was dirty too. I wish I can love holiday inn more. Hopefully, I can visit one that's soon to impress me:) Thank you to the service I've received.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Eks501,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that our breakfast selection exceeded your expectations. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the overall cleanliness of our rooms. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain

Address: 4 Balsam St, Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 3J4, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Collingwood
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Collingwood
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood Blue Mountain Hotel. We are a smoke free property. Our hotel features Complimentary Deluxe Express Start Breakfast. Enjoy our heated indoor pool, FREE high-speed Internet connection. Access to walking trails such as The Georgian Trail, Bruce Trail, Niagara Escarpment and Scenic Caves. The Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood/Blue Mountain is conveniently located 10 minutes from Wasaga Beach the worlds longest fresh water beach, Le Scandinave Spa, and only minutes away from the Village at Blue Mountain where you can experience the unique atmosphere year round.We are Close to industries including Pilkington Glass, Zellers, Home Depot, Rona, WalMart, Loblaw s and Zehrs Markets, Our large parking lot has room for RV's or trailers. WE ARE 100% SMOKE FREE .Holiday Inn Express with Sinton Bus Lines offers a weekly FREE trip to Casino Rama including a FREE dinner buffet at the casino. Holliday Inn Exress Collingwood/BlueMountain is two stories with an elevator and an indoor heated pool.A credit card is required upon arrival with photo identification. The cardholder must be 21 years of age and reside in the registered room. Cash or cheques will not be accepted as deposits or as an alternative to a credit card. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain
Holiday Inn Express Collingwood
Holiday Inn Collingwood
Collingwood Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain Ontario

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.