“A Super finale to our Canada trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Willow Trace Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Collingwood
Willow Trace Bed and Breakfast
7833 Poplar Sideroad, Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 3Y9, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Collingwood B&B and Inns
Yorkshire
“A Super finale to our Canada trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We contacted the B & B on spec. as we had not booked. Philip could not have been more helpful, or welcoming and we were given the large Garden Room, beautifully appointed and furnished. Because of their previous bookings we changed rooms next day, and nothing was too much trouble.... a wonderful room over the cookery school, with a great outlook over the garden. Breakfasts are everything the previous reviews have stated. I just we had more time to have stayed there longer!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011 via mobile

I stayed last night at Willow Trace B&B. I needed a break from the city and decided to visit Collingwood to get away. The reviews on here already are all true! I was coming by Greyhound and Leanne and Philip offered to collect me from the bus and even loan me a bicycle to get around during my stay! My room was perfect, very private and quiet. I took a dip in the pool and sat by the pool for a while reading and relaxing. I watched all of Blackadder season 2 as well, from their enormous DVD selection! The breakfast was amazing but so enormous I felt bad to be wasting some food! It powered me up for my morning hike! The house is beautiful and easy to find. I intend to visit again when I come back, and this time bring a car, this area was not built for us city folk who rely on public transit! 5 out of 5 for the B&B!

• Stayed August 2011
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I'm not the type to gush, so I'll just say that Leanne and Phillip delivered everything their web site promised. Our room was spacious, the home was elegant, the breakfasts were sumptuous, and they made us feel like we were staying at a home away from home... The kids loved the play area, pool, and resident fowls. We were minutes from both Collingwood and Blue Mountain, which was perfect for us. A box set of David Attenborough DVDs to watch was icing on he cake. I'd like to return and take a cooking class one day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed in the Garden Room! Great B&B. Beautiful property and grounds. Lots to do at the B&B or near by. Loved the outdoor pool and pool table. Breaky was amazing! What a treat this was, I will be back. Amazing hosts.

Room Tip: The garden room is very private!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Wow.....All I can think of is service and hospitality!!

My wife and I, were met and greeted upon arrival at this B&B by one of the owners. She offered to assist with our bags if we needed. Then, we were taken inside and shown the facilities...bedroom, bathroom and the recreation room and where to find a movie if we were so inclined. We took two movies but were just too tired and drained from our day's activities...touring the Scenic Caves in Blue Mtn and the humid weather condition to even finish watching them.

We were given a sheet with options for breakfast and ask to complete and return.

The next morning.......We received a breakfast fit for royalty (A+).

Our B/Rm +BathRm facilities were both good and we had no issues.

Checking out.....we given a bag of delightful cookies, greeted and thanked for staying at Willow Trace.

The experience was worth the money and I do not say this often.

Thank you.....Leanne & Phillip, keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sidney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Before going to Collingwood Ontario I checked on Trip Advisor and read the reviews for the B&Bs in the area. I narrowed it down to just 2 and finally made the decision to stay at Willow Trace. We loved that it was just a bit out of town and situated on 15 acres with lots of trees, gardens, and birds around. The fact that the owners were seasoned hosts and also gourmet cooks certainly was a selling point. We needed a place for 9 nights and usually divide our time between two or more B&B's for that length of time but decided we wanted to stay put for the entire stay in Collingwood. It certainly turned out to be the right decision. The home is beautiful, the hosts gracious, extremely friendly and accommodating. To say the food was delicious is putting it mildly. Leanne and Philip went out of their way to make our stay a wonderful one and were very knowledgeable about the area and recommended places for us to visit and several restaurants for us to try. All of the recommendations turned out to be good ones and we had a couple of delicious meals in places we would never have found on our own. It is definitely a holiday we will never forget and highly recommend it as a place to stay if you want quiet, beautiful surroundings, lovely people and delicious food plus lots of entertainment in the evening watching Leanne & Philip round up the ducks to put them to bed. Musn't forget Dodger the dog - he was as welcoming as his owners and so well behaved. Hopefully we will be back.

Room Tip: For a couple the Studio Room is lovely. The Garden Room ideal for families with children or dogs.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was one of the more expensive places we stayed in on our tour of Southern Ontario but it had some strong plus points and the only negative we could find were the baffling satellite TV controls!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Willow Trace Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!