“A total sweet spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Netherdale Bed and Breakfast

Netherdale Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawkesbury
Netherdale Bed and Breakfast
You added Netherdale Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
577 Green Lane Road East, Hawkesbury, Ontario K6A 2R2, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hawkesbury B&B and Inns
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“A total sweet spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was anxious to avoid driving back through Montreal after a lovely bike trip on the petit train du nord so went west and planned to enter the US through the diminutive border entry in Cornwall. I checked in with trip advisor and emailed with the owner of this amazing bed and breakfast off the beaten path.
A gorgeous renovated barn whose owner has a marvelous eye for art (and is an artist herself, in the kitchen). I was greeted by a 150 lb ball of love, appropriately named Dr Love and was immediately enchanted. Hospitality was over the top, in a good way. Beverly steered me towards a local art gallery and a wonderful Swiss bistro for dinner.

The whole area is worthy of another trip, for art sourcing and just to gal asleep to the coyotes scampering across the back field and wake up to a wander around the property with Dr. love.
A great place for solo travelers or couples, away from the crowds and underneath the fabulous Ontario skies.
Highly recommended !

Room Tip: I think anything offered will be extraordinary!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I have been guests of Beverly's every year since 2007 and each year we have been very pleased with our stay. We come for the Glengarry Highland games and family reunion. The location is great for us as it is just a few minutes from Vankleek Hill and very quiet. The setting is lovely with beautiful flower and vegetable gardens. Beverly is a wonderful cook who opens her home to us and helps us relax with our busy weekend. We come and go as needed and always hate to leave. Beverly's Bernese dogs, Ouchy (since passed) and now Dr Love, have been very polite and gracious assistant hosts. Dr Love gave us a private tour of the grounds one visit. Beverly’s warm welcome with each visit and her friendly assistance easily earned her place a member of our family Canadian family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Impecably clean, fabulous decor, excellent food and the hospitality was like nothing I have ever experienced before. My husband and I strongly recomend the Netherdale bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a getaway. Oh and the house dog "Dr Love" is part of what makes this place so charming too..... FANTASTIC job Beverly we'll be seeing you again soon I'm sure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

After finding them on the web, I booked a night at the Netherdale B&B (midway between Ottawa and Montreal on the Ontario side of the river) and boy am I glad. Beverly, the B&B host, and her great dog Ouchy (a very mellow and clean pooch) were very welcoming but not intrusive during our stay. The house is great and is on a large property on a nice quiet country road. The room was very comfortable, the shower/bathroom was great, and the bed was perhaps the most comfortable I've slept on.
Beverly's breakfast deserves special mention. Two full courses beginning with house-made granola, fresh fruit, and yogurt; followed by smoked salmon on house-made potato pancakes. Delicious, healthy, and thoughtfully put together.
Other nice touches included always-available hot water for tea just outside our room, excellent house-made jams at breakfast, excellent guidance on local restaurants, and easy-to-follow driving directions.
Overall, one of the best B&B experiences I've had.

• Liked — Host, Breakfast, Comfort/cleanliness, Setting
  • Tips/Secrets — There's a dog at the B&B but she's very relaxed and the owner keeps the B&B very clean.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Netherdale Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!