“19 Years and counting - best little place on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beauview Cottage Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huntsville
Beauview Cottage Resort
You added Beauview Cottage Resort to your Saves list
4215 South Portage Rd., Huntsville, Ontario P1H 2J3, Canada   |
Pickering, Canada
“19 Years and counting - best little place on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We have been to Beauview for 19 consecutive summers and have visited about 10 times in the winter. The hospitality is outstanding - Gord and Nancy are the best hosts and would help you with anything (our kids and us have put them to the test). It is a peaceful, relaxing cottage resort with lots of great hiking/provincial parks/activities for all ages nearby. Lots of kayaks and canoes for everyone to use (all free of charge) and Gord even taught our children to waterski over the years! We have never been disappointed and our adult children still want to come to Beauview with us! We have accumulated lots of fantastic memories over the years and hope to collect many more. Marilyn in Pickering Ontario

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband and me have just come back from our trip to Muscoka for the New Year. We've stayed at Beauview Cottage Resort and it was just wonderful!
First advantage of this place is location. It located in a amazing fairy-tale-ish forest right near the lake. It was calm and peaceful outside so I had the best sleep at night in my life. And imagine how wonderful it was to wake up in the morning and see these huge snow-covered spruces right from your window. Also the resort is 15 minutes ride form Hidden Valley ski area which is not so overcrowded as Blue mountains and has very good slopes both for beginners and aggressive skiers.
Second thing why I love Beauview is the amount of care the owners put in its place. I felt like I'm at home in the cottage. And of course I really appreciate those little things, Gord and Nancy did to make me feel comfortable. I didn't feel like I need anything and it wasn't there. Cottage was fully equipped with everything from kitchen to bathroom. And also there was a hot tub! How romantic it was to relax in the hot tub after a whole day of skiing or horse riding! In winter time! With snow around you!
Though, our trip was considered as an escape, I was so happy to know that there is the internet access and I could connect with my family and friends on the New Year's eve!
That was great time at Beauview Resort and we'll definitely come back and stay a little bit longer cause time moves so fast when you're there!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
columbus, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

This was our 4th visit to Beauview--each visit as wonderful as the last. As others have said, the graciousness and hospitality provided by the hosts Gord and Nancy make this a very special place. All of our needs are met. We love the tranquility of this area, the proximity to Algonquin, the water activities, and above all the scenic beauty. We have stayed in various cottages and found each clean, well-supplied with the essentials as well as a number of extra touches, conveniences, and above all coziness and comfort. We always hate to leave and just look forward to our next visit.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We had the most wonderful thanksgiving weekend in so many years, perfect resort, perfect weather, amazing hosts... Nancy and Gord, thank you for your kindness, you are so special!
We will recommend this resort to all of our friends.

Allegany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

What a pleasant experience we had last weekend. The setting is idyllic....but I grew up in a similar setting. What I found most charming were the hosts of this resort. I'm not sure how they are able to make each and every guest feel so special, but they do! From the little extras (yummy jam and wonderful little soaps) to the very special attention that Gordon and Nancy supply - for example, when Gordon saw that our robes had gotten wet in the rain, he brought us new, fresh, dry ones. Who pays attention like that?! Amazing! We really felt that they would help us in any way necessary. Of course we enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub while taking in the beautiful scenery and the view of the lake. It got quite chilly over the weekend and we enjoyed the gas fireplace, its ambience and its toasty warmth. Thank you to Nancy and Gordon for providing a lovely interlude.

Room Tip: I think all of these cottages are good!
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I grew up spending lots of time cottaging Muskoka, where my parents now life full-time. It's my favourite place in the world, and was a natural first choice for my September wedding. My mom connected us with Beauview as an option for accommodations for our close family, as everyone was coming from out of town.

In the spring, I went over to take a look, and thought the grounds on Lake of Bays were ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. And a bonus - Beauview is nestled in behind Langmaid's Island, the other side of which is where my family spent many a summer day during my childhood.

Beauty aside, Gord and Nancy were absolutely delightful to work with - incredibly accommodating and gracious. We heard from everyone who stayed on the property that the accommodations were lovely, and the families with kids had a great time outdoors in their downtime.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Our family spent yet another summer week at Beauview and we have already booked not one but 2 weeks next summer!

There aren't many places like Beauview, not just for its beautiful and relaxing location and clean and well-maintained cottages - the best "feature" that Beauview has going for it are the owners, Gord and Nancy, who every single time, go way over and above what is expected to make their guests' experience the best possible. Continued improvement efforts are obvious - for example, there was a brand new barbeque and a new flat screen TV in our cottage and there were new climbing structures on the water for guests to enjoy.

Our week in Beauview was just what we needed to re-charge our batteries and we can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Beauview Cottage Resort? Share your experiences!