Had a great family weekend! Sure there are a few extra charges for towels etc., but kids loved the kayaks, paddle boards and pools. The splash pad at the beach was a bit overwhelming for 1 kid and I think the area should have more life guards and the life jackets need to be updated, there were some pretty old ones there. The servers were great at accommodating kids requests at meals. The "preferred membership" ($99/yr) paid off since we used golf & spa and it gave discount and most meals other than take-out by pool. Steamers was excellent restaurant and made changes to keep kids happy. They loved the shuttle bus to get there-funny.
The bkfst buffet was huge & crowded Sunday, but we aren't buffet people so a l'carte was better for us (get there well before 11AM).
Our suite was nice, king bed was great, golf view, dishes a little small but it was fine. Sofa bed small but fine for kids, & they brought extra pillows right away. Only drag was carrying cooler & bags up to 3rd floor and the hallway was extremely hot for some reason?
Rock Buggy & Horseback riding were fun, they may seem pricey but it was nice having everything so close without having to drive more than 2km.
Activities desk was helpful with everything and no pressure about when to bring back rackets etc.
Spa was nice & service was good, but could use more comfort and zen-like atmosphere.
Grocery store is new, a little sparse...could use a few more grooming products, benadryl for kids/adults. If the store looked more like a mercantile store and less tourist type stuff might be better for guests looking for things for their kitchenette, pool and last minute items.
SUGGESTION: video gaming area is for very little kids. If weather isn't good not much for pre-teens/teens to do - really missed having pool table/ping pong. Sounds old fashioned but if it had those 2 extra things I think I would have given Deerhust an Excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and dozens of historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, Hummer tours, and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live stage show. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario