“Wonderful stay at Deerhurst” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Deerhurst Resort

You added Deerhurst Resort to your Saves list
Deerhurst Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1235 Deerhurst Dr, Huntsville, Ontario PIH 2E8, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Victoria Harbour, Canada
“Wonderful stay at Deerhurst”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I attended some training that was being provided for our Lions clubs (service organization), and this was our first time to Deerhurst in Huntsville. My husband is a stroke survivor and has good days and bad days. While we were there, he was having difficulty walking and the hotel was quick to provide a wheel chair for him and even went the extra mile to get us a room ready before the official check in time so my husband could lie down for a rest. They continued to check with us to make sure everything was ok and wanted to help in any way they could. Service was wonderful, food was great and we had a great visit. I highly recommend Deerhurst.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We're glad you recently had the chance to experience Deerhurst Resort and happy to read you had a wonderful stay. I will share your comments with our team who take great pride in providing our guests with warm and friendly service. Thank you for the review and recommendation, we do hope you will visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Deerhurst for a quick honeymoon getaway. We stayed in one of the newly renovated Summit Lodge Suites, and couldn't have asked for better accommodations. From the chilled bottle of champagne awaiting us (thank you!), to the fireplace, private balcony overlooking rolling hills... everything was perfect!

We participated in some of the outdoor activities - the highlight of which was dogsledding! We also took a horse-drawn carriage ride, which gave us a great opportunity to see the entire Deerhurst property.

We knew in advance that our room had a kitchenette, so we brought some snacks with us. (The kitchen is incredibly well stocked, by the way... from tea towels to a cutting board, there was nothing we were lacking.) We also ate in Eclipse, the Maple Grill and the Lobby Bar. All of which had a great variety to suit our needs and taste.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for selecting our resort for such a special occasion. We are glad that you had an enjoyable time and that everything met your expectations! Hope you will return on a more regular basis to enjoy our resort in the future.
Tiny, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

came up for a lions weekend. Room was in main building, nothing exiciting but the beds were comfy. Breakfast the next day in Eclispe was not worth the money i ordered 2 eggs and had to order the bacon and home seperate so it was more expensive then ordering the buffet. At the break on the first day of the Lions weekend - there were not enough baked good for the break and there was only tea and coffee available nothing cold to drink. Lunch this first day was ok, but again noting but water to drink. When the room was refreshed there was no coffee or coffee mugs left in room and had to call the front desk to get the coffee and cups brought up to our room. went for a swim - pool was too busy with out of control kids, 4 year olds and pregnat ladies in the hot tub. Breakfast the second day was the buffet having learned from the day before. but for 3 breakfast for 2 days came to $128 dollars,. the break the second day was a repeat of the first and lunch we had was even worse then the day before. was not impressed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for posting a review and sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to read that you were not impressed with your experience. Our Conference Services Team has been in touch with the Lions Meeting and Event organizer to follow up on your concerns and review opportunities for improvement as we understand the group is considering returning next year. Should you wish to contact us directly to address your concerns, please email us your contact information at info@deerhurstresort.com.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We've been to Deerhurst many times including 2 New Years in a row and most recently March break. We usually stay in the main building, which is comfortable modern and you don't have to put your coat and boots on to get the restaurants and amenities. Our most recent visit we opted for a change to a recently renovated Junior One Bedroom suite, it did not disappoint. It was lovely, beautifully decorated with a king size bed and pull out in the living room. The kitchen, with it's granite counter tops, 2 burner stove, mini fridge, microwave and dishwasher was just perfect for snacks, and breakfasts. The new washroom was equally done with granite, dark grey porcelain tile floors and a glass shower including a rain shower. Definitely worth having to gear up to head to the main building.
The staff at Deerhurst is consistently friendly and polite which is always a nice addition to a hotel stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
As a repeat guest of ours we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We consistently receive very positive reviews about the renovated Junior One Bedroom Suites and are glad you enjoyed your stay and experience in them as well. Also want you to know that the Lakeside Accommodation is currently receiving a full renovation and will be re-introduced to our guest’s mid-May. We hope the next time you stay with us you check these rooms out and the brilliant view and access to Peninsula Lake. See you soon!
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was at a managers Conference on March 20th for a few days. From the time you check-in you are welcomed and made right at home. My company of course had made all the arrangements prior to arriving, the front staff was very professional and provided us assistance where are our rooms where. The food was amazing at the Eclipse Restaurant where we had Breakfast and Lunch. Although it was a buffet style the quality and the freshness made it perfect! we also had splendid banquet dinners at the Waterhouse Ballroom . The rooms were great! the bed was amazing. We were in the main building rooms, very polished yet comfortable. Our meetings were held in the Tom Thomsom and rooms around it, Very organized and well set-up. The staff was very professional and friendly and willing to help. Overall superb location, excellent service and quality meals.

Room Tip: From speaking with my colleagues that had rooms facing the back of the building they enjoyed the vie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for the 5 star review. We are glad to read that you were impressed and enjoyed your Managers Conference! We appreciate you taking time to post a detailed review and will pass your feedback along to our team. We hope that you will return when you have more leisure time to enjoy and explore our surroundings.

Deerhurst Resort offers an ideal destination and conference facility for any occasion. Our meeting and event spaces can accommodate everything from an intimate boardroom to an elegant dinner for 720. Choose your perfect space from our many options below. For a better understanding of all of our meeting rooms and where they are located on the resort, please visit our website and take our virtual tour.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Spent the week at Deerhurst resort and really enjoyed ourselves.The kids loved the bouncey castles they had set up for the week specially and also they loved the games room and pool.
The kids did the pony ride($25.each) which was excellent and worth it and they also did the kiddy dogsled which we did not find it that good and definitely not worth the $25. each.
I did the ziplining which was great.The decades live show was excellent.
The staff was nice and friendly and accommodations very good.We stayed in a timeshare condo.
We will return again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience and impression on TripAdvisor. Deerhurst Resort does have a wide range of activities, amenities and fun or relaxing family holiday packages which let both kids and parents unwind. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to hosting you again soon.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to Deerhurst with my husband and another couple. The ‘boys’ wanted to go with snowmobiling in mind. We arrived Fri, late afternoon. Checked in. Our friends were not on the same floor as us but they were able to find them a room (they only had handicap accessible) on the first floor just a few doors down from us. It was perfect for the boys to park their skidoos right outside our patio doors. Early the next morning, they jumped on their skidoos and headed out.

We had dinner at the Maple restaurant that night. The food was OK. The French onion soup was very good. Not too dark and not too salty. The next day while the ‘boys’ were out, us girls went to the main restaurant for their breakfast buffet. It was OK, pretty pricey for breakfast at $19.99. You can order from the menu but a breakfast dish cost around $15-18 and it didn’t include coffee, tea or juices, so it made sense to go with the buffet. The fruits wasn’t that fresh and neither was the cheese sitting out. There was a chef in the kitchen who made eggs any way you liked and omelettes too. On the hot table there was scramble eggs, and eggs Benedict, plus bacon, sausages, pancakes, French toast, etc.

After breakfast we went to the spa. We had already booked our apt ahead of time. My friend had booked a manicure and had shellac polish on already. She wanted to ask if they offered it too. They don’t have shellac and were unable to remove them since they didn’t have acetone in their removers. The were very helpful in suggesting getting a paraffin treatment instead and just getting a regular polish over her current color since they wouldn’t be able to do any nail cleaning with the shellac on. During that time an aesthetician came in and said that they do have acetone nail polish remover but they don’t use it because it’s hard on the skin surrounding the nail. She was able to soak her fingers and scrap off the shellac for her.

The spa was OK, over priced,. The massage was nice but I could have gotten the same one paying $40 less back home. I also got a pedicure, that wasn’t anything special other then being overpriced. It was the same as what I usually get back home at Walmart only I would pay less then half what I paid at Deerhurst.

We went back to the Maple for lunch and I order the French onion soup again. This time it was very dark and salty. I didn’t enjoy it at all. They are not consistent with their food. The Cesar salad had too much dressing on top for my liking.

We had dinner at the Eclipse on Sat. It was expensive. I didn’t enjoy my rib eye. I asked for it to be medium and got it well done. It was dry and tasteless. My friend order her sirlion well done and got it med. I guess they switched it. I didn’t complain or send mine back. I don’t like doing that since I’m not sure what the chef mood would be and I didn’t want my dish to come back, spit on or dropped on the floor. It’s not that I would expect something like that to happen at Deerhurst but I didn’t want to take a chance. I have a friend who is a chef and the stories he tells me of what they do to people’s food is the reason why I never send anything back to the kitchen. We were indecisive about which dish to get for dessert and our waitress ended up bring both for us to try and only charged us for 1. I thought that was very nice of her. She was very friendly and knowledgeable with the menu.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were very neat and beds are high but I found they were too soft for my liking. You sink in the mattress and the pillows were too high, I ended up sleeping without a pillow. Check out was at 11am. We were there during the ‘time change’ and asked if they would accommodate it and was told ‘no’ we would have to check out at 11.

We didn’t go to the pool, it was very crowds. We didn’t do any activities around the resort so can’t comment on that. It was a very nice relaxing weekend which I though was overpriced and would not do it again. If we do come again, it would be with the kids and we would get a condo with a kitchen to save on cost.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a detailed review. We are glad you had a nice weekend and are considering returning with your kids. We hope your travels will bring you back to our resort and recommend you check our website for packages, savings and best available rates online.

Our professional kitchen brigade and Executive Chef encourage all our guests to share their feedback and as such will often be seen visiting and interacting with guests at their table to ask how their meal was and respond to questions. The next time you stay with us, please let us know so our Executive Chef can personally follow up with you as well during your stay.

Been to Deerhurst Resort? Share your experiences!