We recently stayed at deerhurst for two nights. I was amazed by their staff, very friendly and smily at all times. However I have mixed fillings about the resort. For starters there was nothing to do past 11pm, that is when the bar closed (our stay was during the week). When it came to sport activities, it was hard to book something that we enjoyed doing, as they were either fully booked or they weren't sure what was available or they were not operating on specific days.
So if you could not book any activities you were left wondering around the resort or main building better say. The only options of entertainment were the pool/hot tub, which didnt have a resort feeling at all, it looked more like you local YMCA; rock climbing, which was fun to do but again with specific hours of operation and the game room is more for kids rather than adults.
The rooms were fairly good, clean, specious and had some nice touches.
The eclipse restaurant was the only restaurant that was open during our stay. Definitely not fine dining, the room looked more like a banquet hall. The food was ok, I would have said excellent if my risotto and my husbands noodles weren't drowning in oil. Their pizza was delicious.
The food at the lobby bar, which was coming from the same kitchen as eclipse but different menu, was very good. One downside is that after 10pm you could not order any food anywhere in the resort.
Overall we had a nice time, even though there was not much to do at the resort itself. We would definitely not go back wintertime/weekday, maybe summer time as they offer a lot of activities during summer.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Hotel
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and dozens of historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, Hummer tours, and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live stage show. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.