“Get Away Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Deerhurst Resort

You added Deerhurst Resort to your Saves list
Deerhurst Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1235 Deerhurst Dr, Huntsville, Ontario PIH 2E8, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$99 Holiday Escape
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
“Get Away Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just recently returned from a nice weekend away at Deerhurst. Overall I thought the staff was friendly and helpful at the hotel. The restaurants were great, both the food and service.

We stayed in the main building, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was showing it's age a litte with a few dings and scratches on the walls and the bathroom was a little dated but it was clean and we didn't spend too much time in the room anyway.

The pool area was nice, though it would be nice if the hot tub was a bit bigger to accomodate more people.

The staff in the outdoor activity shop was helpful in letting us know which snowmobile trails were good to use and scenic.

Just a heads up if you are looking for a late night snack (after 11:00) or room service than I wouldn't book this hotel because neither are available.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
So glad you had a great weekend away! Thank you for posting a review and the compliments on service, food and amenities. In response to ‘late night snacks’, the vast majority of our rooms have cooking facilities, therefore we ensure there is a variety of ‘to go’ items in our General Store such as sandwiches, soups, desserts etc. so guests may prepare meals and dine in the privacy of their guestroom or condo at their leisure. In addition, the restaurants offer take out service and guests have the choice of the entire menu. Again, we appreciate the time you have taken to share you feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We recently stayed at Deerhurst Resort in Huntsville - I hadn't been there in years. I came across Deerhurst Resort 'Preferred Membership' through some friends and I am glad I did. For $99, the experince and price was great.

I have been to several northern style resorsts and I would say this top my charts. The service was great, from the front desk, to the outdoor sports. Everyone was friendly, attentive and having a good time. The front desk listed all of the benifits that came with my preferred membership, we were excited to take advantage of the snow sports,show, and dinning discounts.

We arrived late on our first night so we ate in the resturaunt Maple. We ordered a pizza and a burger from their late night menu and it was great. The Pizza was amazing with roasted red peppers and goat cheese. I ordered a cesar salad as a side for my burger, was it ever delicious - Highly recommended.

When we checked into our room we had a great renovated room with Flat Screen TV's a comfy bed and a great living space. The view was of the golf course (I'll for sure be making my way back to play some golf in the summer)

The next day we went and used some of the facilties, including the pool / hot tub, Snowshoeing on the Look out trail - a breath-taking view of the resort.

Later that day we went to the on-site production "Decades" I was expecting the usual low budget production similar to most resorts. This was a great show, all songs from 50's - today, and I knew them all! It was a great time with the group of friends we met.

My experience here was great. It was well worth the $99 membership that gave us a "Free" night, food discounts 50% off for the two of us. discounts on the show, and outdoor sports. I have already told my family about this great deal. I would highly recommend if you are going to stay here, to get the membership - its a one time fee.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 5 star rating and sharing your opinion of our resort with other Trip Advisor Readers. We look forward to welcoming you back so you may enjoy the resort on a more regular basis. The Preferred Membership is a great value and is designed to provide perks and benefits for guests who visit us regularly throughout the year. The membership benefits include a discount on dining based on the number of guests in your party, 20% savings on Spa services at Shizen Spa, 20% savings on Golf Green fees and admission to Decades, our latest live show. Also included is a one night stay (available in select accommodation and is subject to availability). For more information or to become a Preferred Member, please contact us directly.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My company booked a conference at Deerhurst Resort for January 2013. It was a large group and we were situated throughout the property. I was placed in one of the multi-story lodges a shuttle bus drive away from the main lodge. I encountered quite a few problems during my stay: no heat upon entry to the room (it took 1/2 hour for them to get to my room and fix it and it was -15 c outside) pretty cool on the inside too I might mention, the power went out in my room the next morning as I was getting ready, the hairdryer did not work, there was no bathroom fan, the elevator was broken on another day and the building experienced a flood on the first floor and had to evacuate some of the members of our groiup. Oh, did I mention that my bathtub was not cleaned on two days. That was the most irritating of the issues and disgusting. Isn't this one of the first things they clean? The rooms of some of my colleagues were lovely - namely the one bedroom suites - all newly refurbished and nothing like the ratty furniture that occupied my room. I found the heating system quite loud too and it wasn't a restful stay listening to it all night.

It is unfortunate but I would not return unless I upgraded my room and knew what kind of accomodations I was getting ahead of time. The hotel really needs to spend some $$ on updating the rest of the rooms that are outdated. The hotel staff didn't seem particularly concerned when I called with the issues.

Kudos to the chef because some of the food was quite good and hot given the size of group they had to accomodate.

Room Tip: Best to ask for a one bedroom suite which are newly refurbished and nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate the compliments on food and will ensure our Chef and kitchen brigade receive the positive recognition. We sincerely apologize that you experienced issues during your stay and that the unfavorable weather we received last week impacted your experience at our resort. We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again soon and recommend you reserve one of our newly renovated units the next time you visit. Please contact us at info@deerhurstresort.com, so we can recommend the accommodation that would best suit your needs and expectations.
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I went to Deerhurst Resort this weekend on their Winter Your Way package. We have had some really bad experiences at other Ontario resorts which made us apprehensive. The experience was fantastic! We never ran into an unfriendly staff member. Everyone was happy to help and pleasant to speak with. We snowshoed, relaxed at the pool and hot tub, walked the grounds and enjoyed the evening show. The main building was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable. We will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5 star rating and sharing your opinion of our resort with others! We are pleased to read that you had a fantastic time, enjoyed our facilities and had the chance to unwind by taking advantage of our unique Winter Your Way Package. We recommend everyone gift themselves with the nightly $100 resort spending credit which is included in this great accommodation package. We look forward to your return!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

let me start off by saying that this resort is in an absolutely gorgeous part of Ontario! it is breathtaking in the winter !!! as im sure it is in the summer as well!!
The resort is massive I couldnt believe how big it is! We stayed in the main building the first night, we expected a little more considering the price. There was no bar fridge in the room which surprised me because even smaller hotels have them. Anyways it was still a nice suite, until we realized the heat wasnt working. Because we didnt realize this until 1 in the morning we slept in hoodies and track pants. We called down the next morning and a guy came an looked at it and said there was nothing he could do and he would send another guy! So we asked to be moved from the suite. They upgraded us for free to a bigger room. It was in the buildings which have real suites, bar fridge, kithnette with stovetop, microwave etc, they dont have elevators in the buildings(heads up)
We had breakfast Saturday morning, it was a buffet, just basic stuff nothing that exciting and it was $20 each! When we asked about sunday brunch it was $31.50 each, at the eclipse. We also had dinner at the Maples, we each had a burger and fries which was delicious!! and great value! Definitely try the desserts we had the lava cake it was to die for!!!
They have lots of activites there as well! Skating , snowshoeing cross country skiing and snowmobiling just to name a few. We enjoyed snowmobiling for a few hours on Sunday. It was fun, thankfully my husband has driven 4wheers etc before because they dont give you a lesson. There are amazing trails up there and it is easy to get lost if you dont know where to go or you arent paying attention. If you get cold easily like me buy some toe and hand warmers at the store or bring some with you. My toes were freezing the whole time even though I had heavy boots. They provide you with all gear which is great! The helmets didnt take long to frost up though which is dangerous!
Overall it was ok. If you are planning a getaway to be outside and enjoy the winter this is the place ! But If you want to relax I would go with another resort. I did not think that it had a good value though. Rooms and food priced to high! Thanks

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for posting a review. We agree that Winter in Muskoka is breathtaking and glad you were able to enjoy so many activities in the pristine white forests! Sorry to read that you experienced an issue with heat but glad that we able to accommodate you in another room. Deerhurst is a very comprehensive resort with numerous facilities and amenities on site compared to many hotels in this area. In addition, we have a variety of different types of guest rooms and suites, ranging from regular hotel rooms in the Main Building, Lakeside accommodation and 1, 2, 3 Bedroom Condos. Should guests have a preference in room features like a fridge, view or extra living space, we do request they let us know in advance so we can recommend the right type of accommodation. We want you to know that we do our best to set our prices to remain competitive and appreciate your feedback as we continue to evaluate this. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we hope that we have the chance to welcome you to our resort in the future.

For guests wishing to snowmobile, please visit our website or contact us directly to learn more about our new official snowmobile provider, Back Country Tours, now located right at our Winter Sports Shop. Each rider will receive pre-ride training which includes a test track so will know how to operate the equipment safely and enjoy the ride. Pre-book your snowmobile rentals or guided tours in advance and save even more on accommodation and rentals!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at Deerhurst weekend of Jan 18th and loved it.
Right from the beginning once you drive in at night you see the "man made" Ice Rink, lights guiding you to entrance of resort and lobby with the fire place truly welcoming!

Stayed in a beautiful once bedroom Condo Suite that was renovated with all the amenities. The view of the lake was breath taking. (Condo 18-03) Very clean!!

Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Snowed over the 2days and the roads were always maintained for walking or driving.

Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Condo 18, 3rd floor. (18-03) Renovated suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We appreciate the time you've taken to highlight your experience at our resort. I will share your feedback with our team as this means a great deal to us all. We look forward to your return visit and recommend you check out our website where you find all our packages, savings and best available rates online. See you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Having recently stayed at Deerhurst Resort I wanted to commend their front desk staff. With a family of 6, travelling up to the Resort in peak winter was difficult in itself. We were greeted by Lindsay on front desk who went above and beyond to make our stay as best as possible. Informative, efficient and well spoken she assisted in suggesting a fantastic itinerary planned to suit our needs for all ages.
This level of customer service was evident throughout the whole resort and I look forward to staying at this property again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. We are pleased to read that your family enjoyed their Winter Getaway in Muskoka. We are indeed fortunate to have the caliber of colleagues we have as you noted in your message (especially Lindsay). It will be my pleasure to pass along your comments to our team as this kind of feedback means a great deal to us all. We truly appreciate your review and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Been to Deerhurst Resort? Share your experiences!