My company booked a conference at Deerhurst Resort for January 2013. It was a large group and we were situated throughout the property. I was placed in one of the multi-story lodges a shuttle bus drive away from the main lodge. I encountered quite a few problems during my stay: no heat upon entry to the room (it took 1/2 hour for them to get to my room and fix it and it was -15 c outside) pretty cool on the inside too I might mention, the power went out in my room the next morning as I was getting ready, the hairdryer did not work, there was no bathroom fan, the elevator was broken on another day and the building experienced a flood on the first floor and had to evacuate some of the members of our groiup. Oh, did I mention that my bathtub was not cleaned on two days. That was the most irritating of the issues and disgusting. Isn't this one of the first things they clean? The rooms of some of my colleagues were lovely - namely the one bedroom suites - all newly refurbished and nothing like the ratty furniture that occupied my room. I found the heating system quite loud too and it wasn't a restful stay listening to it all night.
It is unfortunate but I would not return unless I upgraded my room and knew what kind of accomodations I was getting ahead of time. The hotel really needs to spend some $$ on updating the rest of the rooms that are outdated. The hotel staff didn't seem particularly concerned when I called with the issues.
Kudos to the chef because some of the food was quite good and hot given the size of group they had to accomodate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live stage show. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario