“Hidden Valley Huntsville - Excellent !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1755 Valley Road, Huntsville, Ontario P1H 1Z8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Windsor, Ontario
“Hidden Valley Huntsville - Excellent !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have been visiting Huntsville for over 30 years, and stayed at Hidden Valley many, many times. The new owners have done a wonderful job improving the resort. On our most recent visit, we arrived early, and were put into an upgraded room that was ready for us. Within 20 miutes of arrival, we were checked in, changed, and out in one of the resort's kayaks on Penninsula Lake !
The staff were all extremely friendly, and our stay was flawless ... can't wait to get back up there !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SHamm0nd, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank-you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We have been working very hard to give all of our guests the expereince that they are looking for. I am so please you enjoyed your stay with us and our beach and waterfront continue to be a popular attraction! We await your return and we look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Let me start by saying that the location and the nearby town of Huntsville are great. The resort itself is also in a beautiful spot. I should also say that if my initial experience had been a little better I may have rated it a little higher, however...we arrived a little early with the hope of getting checked in a little early. We were informed that the room was not ready and check in time was 4pm which we already knew and could accept. We waited by the bar but couldn't get a drink while we waited because there was no one serving. When 4pm came, I tried to get get the key to the room but was told that it still wasn't ready and would be another 10 minutes. I was finally given the room key at 4:20 but asked to wait another 5 minutes as the maid was still finishing off. When we made our way down the hall to go to our room, we must have passed 4 or 5 cleaning carts in the hall so our room was not the only they were madly trying to prepare. When we entered the room, I realized right away they had given us a room without the lake view for which we had paid. I went back and was quickly given keys to a correct room (which made me think this may have been able available earlier). Once we finally settled into the room it was adequate but very dated and also had a bit of a funky smell that others have noted. I then went into the bathroom only to crack my toe on the tiles of the threshold between the bathroom and carpet (the height difference being almost an inch). I then tried to close the bathroom door but this would not latch. I can't comment on the food because after this,we chose not to trust the dining facilities and went back into town to eat. We were woken the next morning by an x-rated show coming from the next room through obviously paper-thin walls (just glad we didn't have our kids with us.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
SHamm0nd, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank-you for sharing your opinions on TripAdvisor. From time to time we do have delays getting guests checked in on time to their rooms. We do our best to be all things to all people. We try to extend check out times for guests who want to enjoy our beach weather later then 11:00 am and consequently we can't get our complete resort turned around by 4:00 p.m. It is a calculated risk that we take in an effort to please everyone. We failed to please you however and for that I am sorry. Too bad that you did not eat in Birches Restaurant. You missed wonderful food and a great view! I hope that you stay with us again and that you find value and hospitality in your next experience.
lancashire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Booked a 2 day stay at HV months ago. Arrived to be told that because of a "plumbing problem" we had been booked into a different resort. The word "sorry" wasn't mentioned nor was there any choice in the matter. Charged the same amount for staying in a resort that had fewer facilities. We were absolutely disgusted by the way we were treated. The "plumbing problem" smacked of being over booked.

Only blessing was we did not have to put up with 2 days of hostile customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank-you for sharing your opinions with TripAdvisor. It is important that travellers get an accurate picture of what they can expect when they select Hidden Valley Resort and a place to stay in Muskoka. Due to unfortunate circumstances you did not get to stay with us. Your expereince was somewhat unusual as you were moved to our neibouring resort. I am sorry if that was an inconvenience to you. I am also dissapointed that service was deemed "rude" in your opinion. I hope that you will try to stay with us again and enjoy what so many other guests have enjoyed at Hidden Valley Resort and have shared on TripAdvisor.
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We were a bit hesitant to stay at the Hidden Valley Resort after reading the mixed reviews but decided to give it a try. We are extremely glad we did, we had a lake front room and thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the sun set. Our room, a King, was one that had been recently redone an was exceptionally nice. The resort is being refurbished and while it looks good now will get even better.

Room Tip: Make sure you get one of the rooms that has been refurbished.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for taking the time to share your opinion of Hidden Valley Resort on TripAdvisor. We agree that our resort is a wonderful place to come and get away and enjoy all of what Muskoka has to offer. We are continuing to push forward on completing the renovations and hope to have them finished in 2013. We hope that you stay in touch and share the experience with us.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last year and quite enjoyed it. The resort was being renovated at that time and continues to be improved.

We planned to stay 4 nights this year and extended our stay to 7. The staff helped us stay in the same lake view room on the Friday night despite a busy weekend. We had to move to a hill side room later, but it was acceptable. We really enjoy the indoor and outdoor pools, although the outdoor pool was a bit cool. My husband enjoyed swimming in the lake. Very clean shore line. Beautiful view from the room. (Others have complained about the condos blocking the view. Didn't bother us at all.)

Restaurant food was quite good. The chef might have been a tad better last year, but we enjoyed every meal we had. I enjoyed the pasta buffet and don't agree with the other reviewer on this issue. My husband enjoyed the Sea Bass lunch and then again for dinner. The gym is small but adequate and was closed for one day for renovations. The outdoor pool could have used more cleaning of debris. This was probably due to the lack of personnel. Our stay (June 25 to July 2) was off season, so the rates were great but the lack of clients forced a shortage of staff. The cleaning staff seemed to have trouble keeping up. The restaurant and bar were not open until 5 PM and the beach store was closed. Breakfasts were good, but need a little more variety, e.g. omelettes. Staff were all very friendly and attentive. Thanks to the gentlemen who started the bonfire for us and took our picture.

Some reviewers were not impressed. We have no need for internet access on a beach thank you and Deerhurst is $100 more (not 50!) for an unrenovated room. To each their own. We quite enjoyed our stay at Hidden Valley and will likely return.

Room Tip: Stay on the lake side. Second floor avoids the stairs and the first floor allows pets which is very...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Wonderful feedback! I am hoping that more and more people read your reviews on Trip Advisor as I feel it is extremely accurate. So glad you came back and took advantage of our resort facilities and I hope you stop by and visit with us again.
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Nice location and room view. However, I hate the late check in which is at 4 pm.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank-you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. It will help remind future guests to our resort regarding our check in time. We guarantee a 4 pm check in. We will allow guests in earlier when the housekeepers have cleaned the rooms from the night before. However it does take us to 4:00 p.m. to complete our taskes. If you were not able to get in until 4 and it was not convenient for you I am sorry. This is a standard policy in the industry especially when our check out time is 11:00 am.
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family and I recently visited Hidden Valley and Muskoka, and we all loved it!
For a family of 6, the room was quite spacey, clean and affordable.
We enjoyed the lakeside view.
My kids really enjoyed the indoor and outdoor activities provided by the resort.
We hope to visit Hidden Valley Resort again next summer!

Room Tip: The rooms with lakeside views are more peaceful and relaxing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you choosing to share your comments on Trip advisor. We think your information is helpful for our resort as well as for the travelling public who are looking for great places to stay in Muskoka. We are happy that you were happy with your stay. We are looking forward to your return. Thank-You for your business. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Been to Hidden Valley Resort? Share your experiences!