“Take out food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brantford, Canada
“Take out food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The pub fare is delicious. We like takeout as the restaurant is dingy. Their wings are great, fish and chips. Super onion rings.

Visited September 2012

“Don't expect too much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Ordered 3 filet mignon steak dinners and one prime rib dinner. All the meat was burned in a house fire (or tasted like it). She explained to me that they char grill their food. Like I don't have a bbq at home. Anyways, beware. Came here based on all the good reviews I read. Seriously people, do you not know what bad food is?? Very disappointing. Seen quite a few disappointed faces. Maybe the wings are ok, but our night out was to be made a little more special after cottaging all week. Won't return. Sorry. Turn down the grill. Your steaks are small and overpriced to turn the heat up so high!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Good lunch stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have been here twice in the last few weeks for lunch and found their peppercorn crusted burger to be quite good, my friend had their weekly special burger and felt it was one of the best burgers he's had. On my most recent visit I had the luncheon special, which was battered sole with pesto on a bun with wedge fries, and I would rate these as good but nothing to rave about.
Service is pleasant and attentive. I will return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, Canada
“Can't believe the reviews, the food is not great”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Family members swear by this restaurant but I have had three meals on different occasions, each worse than the previous. The steak sandwich was tough and overcooked and the bread was so tough I could hardly cut it with a knife, worst I have ever eaten. The jerk chicken burger was not impressive as well. The back area is very dim - please change the light bulbs in the fixtures so we can see what we are eating. My son enjoyed his pasta and sundae however.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Markham, Canada
“The best soup I have ever enjoyed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

What a delight to find this gem. We had an exceptional ribeye steak, with fresh seasonal veg and mushroom soup. Oh my stars! I can say with conviction that this soup was worthy of Relais & Châteaux. It was a masterpiece: nutty, layer upon layer of fragrant and woody tastes. Our server, Debbie, was a breath of fresh air! She was professional as well as friendly. This is worth the drive from Huntsville. We made a reservation.

• Visited July 2012