“Surprising In in Surprising Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Harbour

You added Inn at the Harbour to your Saves list
Inn at the Harbour
249 Harbour Street, Kincardine, Ontario N2Z 2X9, Canada (Formerly Harbour Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kincardine
Okemos, Michigan
“Surprising In in Surprising Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Thanks to TripAdvisor reviews , we enjoyed a pleasant apartment and nice view of The Kincardine Harbor, Light House Museum and Lake Huron.
We called ahead and asked for a top floor, king room with a harbor/Lake view. When we arrived Jen , one of the Owners, told us the room with the best view was not available, but we could have the one bedroom apartment for the same price. The apartment is on the second floor of a small house across the street, overlooking the river with a closer view of the marina and Lake Huron than the Inn room would may have had. The apartment is very nicely appointed with a well supplied kitchen. It is spacious with views from every living space and bedroom window. The bed is very comfortable.I was surprised the couch appeared to not be a pull out bed. The only minor concern is the condition of the stairway going upstairs. It is a little wobbly. I'm sure it's safe, but I would prefer a more stable structure.
The Inn is undergoing major construction and renovation. A building next door has been acquired and is being brought up to code. It will be 3 floors and a first floor breakfast room. When that addition is complete, the original part of the Inn will be renovated. Judging from the apartment, I assume these will be very nice accommodations. The floors will be sound proof.
Kincardine is a beautiful town on the Lake Huron Eastern Bank. We will definitely stay here again when we have more time to explore the area.It appeared to be the only hotel near the Lake and we walked to dinner easily.
The owners are very nice and will do their best to make you comfortable.This is definitely THE place to stay in this beautiful area.

Room Tip: The Inn is undergoing changes. More choices will be available. There was no traffic noise in March...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenny S, Owner at Inn at the Harbour, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you for your beautiful review and hope you will visit us again and stay in our new addition of the Inn. Jen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I am supposed to be looking at the sights Kincardine has to offer and instead I am enjoying being stuck in this very comfortable bed writing this review. Considering I had back surgery 2 months ago, trust me I know a good bed when I lie down in one.

I was greeted by Jenny who was very pleasant and nice, she even took the time to give me directions to some places and then I got my key.

I got up to my room and to my surprise it was lovely. I’m on the second storey and can see Lake Huron and the famous Kincardine lighthouse from my window. The furniture is very nice and I even have a flat panel tv and wireless internet! Not to mention a sitting area with a coffee table and couch, office desk, hair dryer, coffee machine with all the trimmings, combo fridge and freezer with ice in it!

I have obsessive compulsive disorder and I can assure you my room was one of the cleanest I have ever had in any hotel/motel/bed and breakfast.

This place is perfectly situated just a small block away from the main street. You are walking distance to pretty much anything and everything.

You will not be disappointed with the Harbour Motor Inn!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Jenny S, Owner at Inn at the Harbour, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback, wait till you see our new rooms opening early summer 2012, we hope to see you again. Jen
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

On a cobblestone street steps away from downtown and the beach this hotel is perfectly placed. The rooms have beautiful beds and furniture. The bathroom fixtures are all very nice but the finishing touches and floor could use an update. A small critique though because the rooms are kept to an excellent standard of clean! Every night your breakfast order is brought to your room and placed in the fridge so that you are ready to go first thing in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

You can't beat the location for walking to shopping, restaurants, and the beach. We were there a week and were delighted with the room and service. The owner was super friendly and very accommodating. Very comfortable and clean room with cleaning services every day. This hotel is recommended for anyone spending time in Kincardine who wants to park the car and leave it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Throughout the years we have stayed here on many occassions primarily due to the fantastic location (close to the main beach and walking distance to all amenities). We could not believe the difference for this visit - the new owners have done a fantastic job revovating the rooms - the old spingy beds have been replaced with fabulous new ones, the room decore has been upgraded, the place was clean and definitely showed pride of ownership. We would stay here again on our next trip to Kincardine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Englehart, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Good locations, large room, best mattress in a motel I have ever slept on. Only thing missing was a microwave

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Walkerton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I stayed there last nite by myself and was very happy with it. I was on the bottom level, which was fine. There are 9 units in all, on 2 floors. Outdoor access only.

The bed was really comfy, which I was thankful for, most motel/hotel beds are hard but this one was very plush. Lots of blankets and clean, too. The electric heater for the unit worked well.

The bathroom was nice, lots of towels, everything was clean. Small fridge/freezer but no microwave. I had an end unit so there were two big windows. I slept well, which I dont usually do in motels/hotels. The staff were very nice and gave me a price break as a solo traveler :-)

It is next to the Erie Belle restaurant which serves seafood and is a good place to eat, been there lots of times. It's close to the beach and lake, as well as the main street, so you dont have to drive anywhere.

I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Inn at the Harbour? Share your experiences!