“A Good Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kincardine
Toronto, Ontario
“A Good Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Hotel is located beside Hwy 21 but in a quiet setting and only a couple of minutes from downtown Kincardine. Our room (Queen Bed and Sofa) was tastefully decorated and was most comfortable. Furnishings were like new and washroom was particularly impressive. Front desk advised me that hotel had been renovated over previous two years. Even windows in our room had been upgraded! Restaurant for breakfast and dinner is very nice and has an attractive bar if you just want a drink. We had dinner one night and food was very good. A most pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Top floor (third level) offers better views, particularly on north side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gail G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our property. I am glad you found your stay so enjoyable with the renovations. I will make sure to let the kitchen know that you had an enjoyable meal. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

It's difficult sometimes to know where to stay but the BW Plus Goveror's Inn didn't disappoint us.
The staff was very courteous and the king bedroom met all our expectations. Having a window that opened for fresh air was a bonus. The dispensers were new to us but we didn't mind using them. The complimentary breakfast hit the spot as well. It was very tasty.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gail G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our property. I am happy that you found everything to your liking and enjoyed your stay. The next time you visit Kincardine, please consider us.
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is probably the 2nd best place to stay if you are in town. Rooms are average, but were clean and relatively updated. No major complaints with the room. Staff was not overly welcoming or very pleasant. Breakfast was included but not impressive at all - limited choices.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Beaverton Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

What a great staff. Very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and very comfortable. The dining room is excellent and food presentation and taste exquisite.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Gail G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel and dining. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you consider staying with us when you visit Kincardine again.
Whitby
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel for many years, however the original owner sold out to the Best Western, we went for dinner Monday 19th of March, service seemed to be good took our order ..45 minutes later no one approached our table and also no food, my husband approached the waitress to find out when we would be served, she said there were a party of 8 and after they were served we would get our meal, another 10 mins went by and finally we got our main course , pork tender loin in supposedly blueberry coated with double bake potatoe and vegetables. What we got was dried up pork with equally dried up potatoe and veg the worst meal we have had ever. So sad as we have stayed at this hotel for a lot a of years and the previous owner Dan prided himself on the lovely cousine. There are not many places to eat in Kincardine, and have to say Boston Pizza even though I hate these franchise restaurants is the place to eat. Do not waste your money at The Governers...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Gail G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Sorry that you had a bad experience in our restaurant. I would like to let you know that Dan has not owned the Inn for at least eight years. The previous owners just sold the Inn to a new family. We like to pride ourselves on the quanity and quality of our food; there is no excuse as to why your meal did not meet your expectations. We would like you to give us another try and next time you stay at our Inn. Please try the restaurant again.
Again I apologize.
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I haven't stayed in best Westerns in several years as I have found them to be very out dated. The Holiday Inn Express across the street was sold out, so I had to stay at this Best Western. Although it was somewhat dated, the lobby and rooms were clean. I had a room with 2 double beds and it was fairly cramped (I had requested a king). The staff was friendly and helpful. The bar / restaurant on site served a pretty good dinner which is a plus considering the lack of restaurants in the area. All in all, better than I expected although I think the next time I will stay at the HI Express so I have something to compare the Best Western to.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Gail G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property. The hotel is under new ownership, though the staff has been kept and we hope you will consider staying with us once again.
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Attended recently and was not impressed from the start. Front desk was cordial but there was no happy greeting, I actually had to say I was there to check in. Room was nice size, but very outdated. The pull out couch was on a slant and there was no use in even trying to sit on it, I was worried I would roll off. The bathroom was large as well but there was 1 tiny piece of soap on the counter and that was it. The hotel has "push dispensers" in the room instead of the nice little "sealed" shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The shower also contained one of those dispensers, so anyone who was interested in taking a bath, better have 4 foot arms to reach the dispensers. The thought of not knowing what brand of body wash, shampoo, or conditioner was in the dispensers made me not use them, not to mention if someone staying there had put something other than shampoo etc. in the dispensers. I also had the joy of trying to use the extremely outdated computer in the lower level. If felt as if I had cataracts when trying to read what was on the screen, it was pathetic at best (time to invest the $500 in a brand new computer please). After I was fed up with the computer I decided to hit the hay. I spoke with front desk who advised that there would be a "full buffet breakfast" starting at 6 a.m. I retreated to my room and am happy to say that the bed was fantasssstic and there were plenty of pillows on the bed.

After a great night’s sleep I woke up and tried to wash my body with the puny piece of soap that the hotel was gracious enough to leave in the washroom. Although I was annoyed about the lack of proper soap/body wash, I forgot about it and thought about that "full buffet breakfast". Once dressed and ready for my day, I licked my lips and headed for that "full buffet breakfast". Once I was down there I dashed over to the food tray and with anticipation, I opened it to see what delicious offerings were there to eat. I opened to find 2 different kinds of "quiche", and that was it. There were different breads and pastries, as well as a waffle maker, but it would not be what I would call a "full buffet breakfast". The coffee was great though and made up for the pathetic at best "full buffet breakfast".

In conclusion, I must say that this hotel is way to overpriced for what they offer and I cant figure out what the "Plus" is about. The hotel has to change as the competition across the road has far more to offer for about $10 more. In fairness to the owners I will not say the name of the other hotel, but i think ownership should stay there for one evening to see the difference between the two of them. I also did not like the fact that my bill was not under the door when I woke up and that i actually had to spend time chekcing out in the morning. Judging from the printed bill, i would say the computer they are using is as modern as the one on the lower level.

This hotel has potential, but the owners have to dig into their pockets and get with the times of modern hotel business operations.

Room Tip: Bring your own computer.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a response regarding your stay at our property. The hotel has recently been sold and the new owners appreciated your input on ways to improve the hotel and will take into consideration your concerns.
Thank you once again and please consider staying with us again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn? Share your experiences!