“Greek style!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Kitchener
“Greek style!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Good bang for your buck, typical greek quantity, great service, lots of room, easy access, clean, clean washrooms!

Visited September 2012

Waterloo, Canada
“Good food, good service and good ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I hadn't been to Kypreos in a couple of years. I remembered having fish the last time I visited and thinking it was adequate but enjoying more the service and ambiance.

This time my friend and I had beer and the Kypreos platter for two -- a large platter of chicken and pork souvlaki, wine sausage and homemade sheftalia sausage on a bed of rice with a very large salad. It was a very large portion of meat and both the rice and the salad were tasty. My friend was a little turned off by the texture of the fatty sheftalia sausages. I have to admit I did find the texture and taste somewhat queerish. I read later in Wikipedia that sheftalies use caul fat, the membrane that surrounds the stomach of pig or lamb, to wrap the ingredients rather than sausage casing, and that this caul fat is transparent and fatty. That must have been what gave it the texture. I also read it is a delicacy of Cyprus so for me it was worth the taste experience once.

It was a Friday night and the restaurant was very busy with happy customers and pleasantly quiet. The service was good. Prices were reasonable. I look forward to returning.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener, Ontario
“Some fantastic dishes, others, no so much!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've frequented this restaurant many times over the years. Some of their dishes ie. Steak, Schnitzel are very good. Others are simply awful. The worst is their spagetti, or anything with their spagetti sauce, its awful. 2yrs ago we were told that they had changed it, we told them it was god awful, the waitress even agreed. Tried again this past week, told us this time they'd never changed the sauce, it was as good as ever, yea right. Their chicken fingers, awful, greasy and rubber tasting.

Not sure how one restaurant can have some outstanding dishes, great quality, and on the other hand have some of the worst tasting items we've ever come accross. Very perplexing.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waterloo
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Good breakfast place. Nice ambiance great service. Good choice of brakfast options. Fair value.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Won't be Back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We went in a thursday evening and the place was dead. We should have known then. I ordered pasta. A creamy milk sauce that tasted like water. When I complained, she told me that no one one else complains. I asked her how popular the dish is. She said "it isn't" I asked her how often people order it, she said they don't. I wonder why! The food was bland, and not a greek restaurant by any stretch. Too bad. They have a good atmosphere in there. The place was empty and large. Very disappointed. My husbands meal was equally poor. He ordered the veal parm. Menu is too big, too busy, and it shows. Sorry. Won't be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere