“Lost my meal!... & poor service so won't return” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Baden, Ontario
“Lost my meal!... & poor service so won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband ordered 1/2 chicken and I the teriyaki chicken stir fry. It took a line time to come out though the restaurant was not busy. Coffee was stone cold and so was my chicken/vegetables though rice was warm. I asked waitress to pop it in the microwave. I kept watching for her to return and by the time my husband was finished his whole dinner she returned with the lemon water finger bowls. One would have thought that she would have noticed that I didn't have a plate or remember she took my dinner away to warm up. I asked if my dinner was ready yet and she had the strangest look on her face. She said "didn't anyone bring you your dinner?" We told her she took it away to reheat it & it never came back. She said she gave it to the Manager who was going to bring it out. She was gone another 5 mins & finally came back and said my dinner was "lost". I asked for just French fries (thinking it would be quick) & she advised the kitchen would remake my dinner and I could take it along. I didn't want to wait that long so asked just for the fries. Had to ask for 2nd cup of coffee & pop (never offered) so felt like service was lacking. One waitress was running around working while 2 others sat putting napkins around cutlery and talking. We were disappointed that the Manager never came out to apologize. Then the waitress had a problem deleting my dinner so had to get the Manager causing us to wait even longer. Had same dinner at Swiss Chalet on Ira Needles last month and it was great - as was the service. My husband's food was good but we agreed that our Sunday dinner was ruined by lousy service. We won't return to this location ever again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Waterloo, Ontario, CA
“No surprises -All the same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Parking lot is small, takeout parking is inconvenient. Service is average, convenient location, average time to wait for meal

Visited April 2013
Waterford
“Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food was great and the portions larger than some Swiss Chalet's I have been too however the service was less than great. We were in a bit of a rush and Swiss Chalet is usually a good quick option. The waitress too a long time to serve us, the meal took forever to get to the table and the wait for our bill after we had asked for it was unacceptably long.

Visited April 2013
Waterloo, Canada
“Great Service - good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Food is consistenly good, the "Wait" staff are friendly and service is generally very good. WE like the new items on the menu - the loaded Potato soup is awesome.

Visited January 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Great Chicken Meals..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Love the Quarter Chicken Dinners Best in K-W for the Money.. Great Wait Staff, would always go again!!!

Visited December 2012