“Give this place a try!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kitchener, Canada
“Give this place a try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I'm completely surprised and saddened by the negative reviews - we have been coming to Ennios's since our grown children were small and have enjoyed many, many wonderful meals. Rosa (the owner) always makes us feel at home, and all of the staff we have dealt with over the years have been wonderful as well. My boys always order the Pazzo bread as an appetizer, and we each have many favourite dishes on the menu. It's the place we go to when we want "comfort" food. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ennio's to any of our friends, and have introduced many to Ennio's Last night, the restaurant was bustling and full of laughter - the place has a great atmosphere and people were clearly enjoying themselves. A glass of Chianti, Pazzo Bread and the brown butter gnocchi make for a delicious and comforting meal!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Waterloo
“2 Star dining”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The reviews on here must be a reflection of the quality of food in Kitchener. For context I travel extensively and as a result I eat at a lot of restaurants at multiple price points. To set the stage, we paid $100 for two entrees a wine and beer. My wife and I had two traditional dishes i.e. veal. There really isn't anything authentic that is rustic Italian or even American Italian. The mains are over powered with sauce which seems hide the taste that would otherwise indicate the quality of meat. Maybe an off night but this is otherwise Frankenstein Italian food. Maybe one of the only authentic aspect is the Peroni served on draught. I've been to the outlet in Waterloo a few times in the last decade, it seems like it is better quality.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Horrible food... When there for the first time and We were very disappointed… being European couple we know how real European/Italian food supposed to taste like... Food that we received was from a microwave... Staff was extremely rude… and it was just unbearably hot in the restaurant… overall biggest waste of money ever... As one of the previous comments said you're better off going to a supermarket and getting some canned pasta.... And is the great Gordon Ramsey would say " Dreadful! just dreadful food"

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Found by accident on a weekday afternoon the atmosphere was dead but the food and drink more than made up for it. Homemade Italian dishes with homemade portion sizes.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener, Canada
“Great anniversary meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I just ate here on a weeknight and had a great experience. There were only a handful of people in the restaurant when we got there around 830, so it felt like I had rented out the whole restaurant. My wife has a gluten allergy and the server was very accommodating and knowledgable about food recommendations for her. I ordered the chicken parm which was pretty good although the marinara sauce was a bit bland. My wife order the tetrazzini and the creamy mushroom sauce was amazing.
I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited August 2013