“Pleasant stay!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairway Inn & Suites

Fairway Inn & Suites
You added Fairway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Fairway Inn & Suites
2933 King Street East, Kitchener, Ontario N2A1A8, Canada (Formerly Guest Inn Motel)   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Kitchener
Fargo, North Dakota
“Pleasant stay!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The room was very decent with LCD tv and very friendly staff at the desk. It's very close to the major highway and downtown Kitchener. The room rates are pretty low in compare to other motels in that area. I will recommend this place for stay in future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived, paid for the room.
Went to the room; nothing fancy ... rather old!
We kept smelling something "unpleasant" and finally pulled back the blankets and the smell was disgusting!!!!!!!! Someone had urinated on the bed and they just put new sheets on the bed!!!!!
We went down to the office. They wouldn't do anything for us.
We asked for a refund ... they laughed!
We lost our $75 ... we drove out their lane way into the parking lot of an amazing Hotel!!!
DO NOT GO TO FAIRWAY INN & SUITES

Room Tip: Do not even consider this place ... filthy land the owners don't care!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The room was good and the management staff are friendly people.Good place to stay . Closer to the highway and safe to stay.Accessible to tim and the mall nearby. A complimentary breakfast will be great or atleast a restaurant would help.The weekly rates are great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GTA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I called and booked a reservation for this hotel- 3 rooms- for a group since we were attending a sports tournament in the area. On the Thursday (RIGHT before our reservation) they called to cancel the reservation because of a pipe leak. When I asked if there were any other rooms available (because all other hotels in the area were booked due to the sports tourney) he said they only had 2 rooms with King Sized beds left. I asked if we could have them, and he said we weren't allowed because there were too many of us. I said I still wanted them, that we were girls and could squish into the bed. He was appalled and yelled in his accent "NOT HUSBAND AND WIFE" and hung the phone up on me. Didn't even give any explanations. Don't bother- pay the extra $10 and go somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Have stayed here a number of times over the past two years. Personally, the rooms I have been givenhave always been clean. It is an older motel, though the owner is currently doing rennovations. For $65 per night, which is what I have paid, it is convenient and had provided everything I need while in the area for business. If you are interested in saving money and only require th basics, I would not hesitate to recommend it. Have always found the owner pleasant and accomodating as well.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

Hotel is just off motorway and a few minutes from a large mall with many eateries inside. Older family owned motel but is being upgraded each time I visit. Low price for the area. Good sized room, comfortable bed, microwave and refrigerator, heat and hot water good, plenty of towels, free parking. Free high speed wireless internet. Not much for service and no restaurant. Good place for comfortable sleep at low price.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2008

Don't give these thieves from India your credit card number. They had me pre-pay for nights I didn't stay, adding an inflated tax rate to the agreed upon nightly rate at the time of check-in. [They do not provide itemized billings to their customers.] Upon checkout they raised the nightly rate again. The agreed to rate when I made the reservation was $60 per night plus tax. They raised the nightly rate to $75 per night upon checkout.

I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, while also reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and a Canadian government agency.

The place is a dump. I didn't use the pillows to sleep on. When I pulled back the pillow covers the pillows were almost brown. They are probably the same pillows I slept on when I stayed at this motel 22 years ago, under different management.

One night was all I could take.

This is a first. I traveled a lot and I have never been the victim of fraud committed by motel/hotel owners.

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — The owners are fraudsters.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!