“Be ready” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Santiago, Chile
“Be ready”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

You must be prepared for this experience, my advice is to go very hungry always, each dish is an explosion of flavor, so you will want to try all of them, the problem with that is the size of each, after having a meal here you need to take a 3 hour nap for sure, during that time I'm sure you will dream coming back to the place. The ambient is another thing you will enjoy, mainly if you like good and rich southern music. Attention is A+.

Visited September 2013

Montreal, Canada
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Visiting my sister in Kitchener/Waterloo and she took me to the Lancaster BBQ, the place smells of BBQ as soon as you get out of your car aqs their smoke house is in the back,
Great ambiance inside with wood paneling the main theme, our waitress was prompt and courteous, i had the 3 meat selection of ribs, chicken wings and brisket with sides of salad and beans, everything was excellent except the brisket was a bit on the dry side with bit too much fat for my liking, my sister had pulled pork slaw and onion rings, very satisfying with the onion rings looking like small doughnuts.
Seems the also have live blues bands on the weekends..
Great place, i'll definitely be looking forward to my next trip to Kitchener/Waterloo so i can return to this wonderful BBQ restaurant

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, Canada
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on Thursday September 26, 2013. The brisket sandwich was great! The meat was juicy and the sauce just right. It came with large side of coleslaw which was very good too. Dana, my server was excellent and provided speedy service even though they were busy. All in all another great experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Superior, WI
“Good Barbecue,Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went to the Lanc tonight for the first time. Went with two co-workers who've been there several times and another colleague who was also a first timer. We had reservations for 5:30 but would have gotten seated easily since it was about half full. Tables continued to fill up over the next hour.

Pretty good beer selection. Even better food. I had the three meat combo so I could sample their offerings. The ribs were only so-so. Overcooked, and while still edible, they ranked below average for ribs in good barbecue restaurants. But, ribs are quite variable. Could be that tomorrow night they'll be fab. The pulled pork was pretty good and the brisket was really good. Only two sauce choices, but I liked them both. One sweet and one smoky. I chose the onion rings and the jalapeño hush puppies for my sides. The onion rings (with Creemore Springs beer batter) were really good.

Not a fancy place, but who wants a fancy barbecue joint? Well, maybe you do, but I'm fine with the casual, almost rustic, atmosphere. The table service was pretty good. Lots of food for the price. I have dinner in a box for tomorrow night.

I'm sure I'll be back at the Lanc on a future trip to Kitchener.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Guelph
“Waaaaaaaaaay Over Rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were met with a BQ and smoke smell right at the front door. The server helped us with menu choices. We opted for a 3 meat selection for my partner and I, and it was more than enough food.
We ordered the ribs which were dry and contained minimal meat. The brisket was good but not out standing. The chicken was moist and juicy and lived up to our expectations. The side dishes, baked beans and red beands and rice, were tasty.
We were both in agreement that the food quality was insufficient to have us consider a return visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere