“Maybe average ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Kitchener

You added Knights Inn Kitchener to your Saves list
Knights Inn Kitchener
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1455 Weber Street East, Kitchener, Ontario N2A 1A5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Kitchener
Detroit, Michigan
“Maybe average ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Got to the motel only to find that they couldn't fulfill my reservation because of some kind of water problem that closed 4-5 rooms. My reservation was for two queens as I was having a friend meet me there. The manager did offer to put me up in another motel (same owners) but as it turned out my friend could not come until the next day so a single room was good for the night. The next day the manager actually did give my friend his own room right next to mine for nothing and he did go out of his way to take care of us. I have no problem with the management at all, (Sid Jr.) was terrific. HOWEVER, the room itself left a lot to be desired. The carpet was FILTHY, it was LONG overdue for a good shampooing, I actually wore my tennis shoes when walking around because the carpet was so nasty. The lighting was below par and 2 bulbs were burnt out, the cleaning crew should have caught this. The bathroom exhaust fan did not work at all. There was mold along the bathtub and in the corners of the bathtub surround. One of the night stands was about to collapse. The bed was WAY to soft, I woke up both mornings I stayed there with a backache from the overly soft mattresses. The pillows were almost non-existant they were so thin. The towels and wash cloths were worn and felt like sandpaper .... overall this place was a mess, but the manager was very nice. I gave it an "average" rating and that is being very kind!! Mostly due to the manager ...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Khalid R, Manager at Knights Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Being senior guest we tried our best to take care of him. We met couple of times during his stay. He never mentioned any problem or complained during his stay. WE TOTALLY disagree with his comments as our rooms are recently renovated and carpets are steamed wash regularly. He even didn't complaint regarding mattress. We have always spare mattresses in reserve. In our motel many guests ask for additional pillows. We have sufficient quantity of reserve pillows. We are proud that our regular guests are from all over the world including China, Switzerland, Korea and India. Our motel is seniors friendly motel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

On a business trip to Kitchener I needed a place to stay overnight and be able to charge my Volt electric car. Luckily I stopped into Knights Inn and I was pleasantly surprised they noticed my car and were enthusiastic to let me charge it up overnight. This made me very happy. Also the motel staff are extremely friendly and courteous. I definitely recommend Knights Inn.

David H

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

It was really nice to be here. the peopel are very frindly and the rooms are clean and not too expensive. if we ever come back to kitchener, we would book the knigt inn again. The two girls from switzerland :) Thank you for bbq, it was fun!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We had a great stay. We were there for work .The sevice of hotel staff was outstanding.The beds were comfortable and the walking distance to liqur store,beer store and restaurants what else can you get at that price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

On my travels in and out of kitchener, staying a knights in has always been very affordable and compfortable stay. The staff is pleasant, and the service is excellent! I would glady stay here again and reccomend to any of my friends or clients. Thank you

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Harrow, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

After a long day driving and starting the day off sick with a migraine, it was a welcome relief to get to the hotel. We were welcomed with friendly and helpful service. Chairs were brought to the front of the room so we could sit outside and enjoy the weather if we wanted to. Suggestions were made for where we could eat.
We stayed here for three nights... and all were enjoyable.
We were towing a motorcycle and were offered a spot right by the office so they could help keep watch on the trailer for us as well.
The rooms are clean and well maintained. We had wi-fi and a fridge in our room. A nice little loveseat and table with 2 chairs. The bed was very comfortable and we both slept well. Our neighbour had the volume on their TV up a bit at night and the sound carried through (it was the only sound that did though). We turned on the fan for the heat/AC and it eliminated the problem.
The manager was very friendly and is doing a wonderful job with this hotel. You definitely get your money's worth here. If you want a nice, clean, comfortable and centrally located place to stay for a decent price... we would recommend this hotel.
We will definitely stay here again when we're in the area.

Room Tip: Not sure how the traffic sound would carry off of Weber if your room backed on to it. We were away f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a handy location if you're in the Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge-Guelph area with a car. Owner was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, and included a microwave, fridge and even a stove top (albeit old school). Wireless is included. But there was no breakfast to speak of the morning I was there--just coffee. Ice machine and limited vending machine. Not a good location if you are using public transit or visiting UW or WLU campus without a car. Was able to park right in front of my room, which was great. Not a pedestrian-friendly location.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, be sure to reserve it. Also, the motel is small--there were no vacan...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!