“sexy night out for wife and I” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Kitchener Conestoga

You added Howard Johnson Kitchener Conestoga to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Kitchener Conestoga
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1333 Weber Street East, Kitchener, Ontario N2A 1C2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Kitchener
CAMBRIDGE
“sexy night out for wife and I”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We like the HoJo on Weber because of many reasons, The staff are very nice especially the cleaning lady (blond Hair lady) We really enjoy the Hot Tub and pool area as there is not ussually a crowd and the Hot Tub is normally in good condition and working well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Hojo11798, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Kitchener Conestoga, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
612RON

Wow!! You blew me away with the title that you had chose. But I am very glad to see that both you and your wife had enjoyed yourselves while here at the hotel. I hope to see you both again in the near future. Thank you for taking the time and expressing your great recent stay at the Howard Johnson Kitchener.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have unfortunatley stayed in this hotel before and was stuck in Kitchener again and all other hotels were sold out... I checked in and had to change rooms 3 times before I finally just gave up and left, and slept in my car in the parking lot.

The rooms are DISGUSTING! Stained sheets, stained carpet, hair in the sick in the bathroom, dust on the furniture... and they all smell of smoke!

Here is what I dont understand and I put it to management to respond here as they wouldn't when I was at the hotel. The rooms themselves are NOT that bad, WHY NOT JUST CLEAN THEM!?! Are you not embarassed by how many disgusting reviews of your hotel there are on tripadvisor? Do you even care? If you would just take the time to clean the rooms properly you may have some happy clients! The front desk is rude, housekeeping is rude, management is rude. The hotel is disgusting.

You dont need to spend money to improve this place, just train your staff and CLEAN the place, take some pride in your hotel, treat your customers properly, and maybe you will have some happy customers!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hojo11798, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Kitchener Conestoga, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
WorkinTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review in regards to your recent stay at the Howard Johnson Kitchener. I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay while at the hotel. Please know upon reading your review I would like to get more information in regards to the dates that you had stayed so I can speak to both the housekeeping manager and the housekeeper/s that had cleaned the 3 rooms you had seen. I can understand that you would be upset. Here at the Howard Johnson Kitchener we strive for "comfort away from home" we try our best for everyone to be as comfortable as possible, unfortunately at the time you had chosen to try our hotel one more time you were unsatisfied. If you could please kindly e-mail me at hojoguest@yahoo.com in regards to further details I would like to look into this further and see if we can come to a resolution.

Best Regards
Cobourg Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We unfortunately had to stay in this disgusting hotel because of a volleyball tournament.

Honestly, we've travelled to CUBA many times, even 3 stars in Cuba, and I was more terrified to stay in this Howard Johnson. Very scary, nasty, and incredibly outdated.

it was so gross and dirty. especially the first room, which we demanded to get a new room. We ended up in a room a smidgen better. At least the second room didn't smell as horrible or have stains on the bedding,

The pool looked so dirty none of us used it.

Very dirty place, with very creepy people living out of the motel section.

Hopefully, since our stay, it's had some MAJOR renovations and cleaning.

Room Tip: the higher up, the better.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hojo11798, Manager at Howard Johnson Kitchener Conestoga, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Angey B,

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. I am sorry that you did not find the hotel up to standards when you had stayed with us 8 months ago. I'm honestly not too sure why you have decided to review our hotel now rather then 7-8 months ago. However both negative and positive reviews are completely valuable and I do appreciate that you've taken the time out of your busy schedule to comment in regards to your past stay. I do hope that you will give us another try in the future to come, perhaps try one of the rooms in the tower section, they are bigger and have more updates. I understand April is a very busy time with Cheer competitions, Volleyball and the Conventions in town and to be honest our tower section does get sold out first.

I am terribly sorry that you found our pool area to be dirty, most guests love our large heated indoor salt water pool, hot tub. When the hotel is sold out and very busy with kids our pool does get used a lot, however we do control it with adding Salt (like Chlorine however better on the body and the environment) with salt it does take a bit longer to clear up however I can assure you that we do have random quarterly inspections from the city of Kitchener's Health Department (all places with pools/spas/restaurants do) and we haven't had any complaints. Our pool is completely shut down from 11pm until 7am for Chemical's and cleaning purposes.

If you would like to email me and discuss your stay further you are more then welcome. My email address is hojoguest@yahoo.com.

I just want to wish you and your family a safe and Happy holiday season, Once again I apologize that your hotel room nor the pool area was up to your standards.

Best Regards,
Walkerton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have come to this hotel for a few years and were pleasantly surprised at the improvements this year The place is very clean and the rooms have new carpets and king beds The front desk is very cheerful and pleasant. The only improvement would be bigger and softer towels We will be telling our friends about this hotel. The location is also great for getting around in Kitchener.
Len K Walkerton

Room Tip: The 4th floor is very quiet and the rooms are huge
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Walkerton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have returned yearly to the HoJo because of the price and location. The hotel has improved over the past 8 years. Beds are comfortable and have been upgraded, rooms are clean and reasonably large, with inter connecting doors which makes couple get-to-gethers connvenient, The entrance is large and aethetically pleasing with receptionists friendly and welcoming. The parking is always easy and close with an under the canopy loading area.
However the bathrooms are a tad on the small size but more importantly the towels are too small and thin. When you have to dry yourself with two towels, it's kind of a joke.This has been a constant source of irritation and certainly would help improve their hotel image.
Finally thumbs up to the management for the improvemets so far, keeping the price very reasonable, breakfast included in the price, and hopefully by next fall more changes will have been made. Keep trying guys, we'll keep coming back.

Room Tip: We like the tower with the higher floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hojo11798, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Kitchener Conestoga, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking time and writing a great review, I am glad to hear that you've enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Howard Johnson Kitchener. It has always been a great pleasure having you all stay with us right before the holidays. The fact that you all drive so far away to come participate in Operation Christmas Child really puts a smile on my face. You all are amazing people whom go above and beyond.
Thank you for pointing out a weakness or rather call it "place of improvement" I know we are not perfect however I do appreciate that you had enjoyed your stay and you are enjoying the updates as you see them yearly. I have brought it to the General Managers attention that it has been suggested bigger towels and can assure you that he is looking into it.

I want to wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. Looking forward to seeing you again late November/Early December.

Kind Regards,

Been to Howard Johnson Kitchener Conestoga? Share your experiences!