“Good biz hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Kitchener

You added Radisson Hotel Kitchener to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2960 King Street East, Kitchener, Ontario N2A 1A9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Kitchener
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Good biz hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a bit dated but the people are very friendly. I do not like sleep number beds a lot but the bed I had did do the job. Parking is easy in the parking garage. The rooms are clen and the bath room does the job. There are worse places to stay. My previous experience in Kitchener does make me think this is as good as it gets in the area, at least for hotels that are part of a chain

Stayed February 2013
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit with us! I do believe that we have a great staff here as well! I am also pleased and excited to say that we will be undergoing a major renovation this year that will modernize our building!! I do hope that you will stay with us again when you are back in this area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Came here due to a colleague staying here as well. Glad I read the Trip Advisor reviews before coming. I reserved a non-sleeping by number bedroom. My stay was excellent, except I received a wake-up call when I never asked for it. Breakfast spread was excellent. Parking was abundant with indoor and outdoor parking. Rooms were very nice with flat screen TV. Never used the pool. It's nice that you can access some restaurants nearby without going outside, especially when it's inclement weather outside. Staff were very courteous. If it weren't for the unordered wake-up call I would have given it 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hi lone6star,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry that you received an unordered wake up call. I will be sure to review the valuable information that you have provided with our Front Desk staff and use it, going forward as a training tool to ensure that this situation does not happen again. I do hope that you will be our guest once again when you are back in the Kitchener area!
North Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Overall I'd say we enjoyed our stay. I'm not crazy about the Sleep Number beds and Saturday evening when we returned after a game we had to circle the parking structure several times before a spot opened up. Which was frustrating at the end of a long day at the arena.The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were accommodating, allowing us to use a common area for a team dinner and providing certificates for a complimentary breakfast each morning of our 3 night stay. There are a few restaurants close by, from coffee shop to fine dining. My daughter and I enjoyed the Chinese take-out that was right next door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found your visit to be both clean and comfortable. If you do not enjoy our Sleep Number beds I would like you to know that we do have a floor of rooms that have beds with a regular mattress, for guests such as yourself. We look forward to having you visit again in the future!
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The room was good, the hotel was very busy with hockey tournaments you could hear the kids in the pool area through the lobby, very loud so using the pool was out of the question. The bed are number bed and this was my first time using them and hopefully I never have to use them again. Very uncomfortable basically they are a air mattress which might be OK for camping but not for a 3 star hotel. the parking was also terrible the lot is shared with a restaurant that is very busy. although the hotel it self was nice I will not be staying here again unless the mattresses are changed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our adjustable Sleep Number Beds. I would like you to know that for guests such as yourself who prefer a regular mattress we do have an entire floor of rooms that have beds like this. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to "wow" you when you are in the Kitchener area again!
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I really want to like this hotel because I need a good dog friendly place in Kitchener Waterloo...and the Radisson is a pretty good location for my needs. I have stayed 3 times trying to give it a chance and trying to believe that it was just the room i had. Nope...this place does not meet my needs for a good sleep. Not by any means.
Maybe they're old, but the sleep number beds just don't do it for me. It's as though you are sleeping on a board with an inflatable air mattress on top. Simply horrible. I could not find a comfortable setting.
It is also really noisy...and I mean every flush of toilet, every tap turned on...plus the echoing noise from hallways and (I swear) even the lobby!
I stayed in a dog friendly room and I think they forgot to vacuum...and I can tell you with authority that the last dog was a black one with some white in its fur!
I am certain that some investment into real mattresses and into sound proofing and new plumbing would make this a great place. In the past, it has been a good hotel and it's right next to fantastic restaurants.
For now, though, I will have to keep searching.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hi travelteachOntario!

Thank you so much for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. As a pet owner myself I too love the fact that we are pet friendly! I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our sleep numbers beds. For any fututre visits please know that we do have an entire floor of rooms that boast a regular mattress for those guests who prefer them. I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to have you be our guest. We look forward to your return!
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Over the Christmas holiday, we spent three nights here. As On our past visits we would recommend this hotel. Vey clean, great staff, comfortable beds and pillows.
The buffet breakfast is no longer complimentary, but they are holding the line on room rates. All in all, great value..

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy to hear that you spent some of the holidays with us! I hope that 2013 will bring you back for your fourth visit!
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

You can tell from the title of my review that I didn't enjoy my stay at this hotel. I have never had service so poor in my life. I have never taken the time to write a review before, but my stay was so awful I have to warn people to stay somewhere else instead of this horrible hotel. This hotel needs an overhaul in management, front line staff and furniture/décor. This hotel is a poor excuse of a Carlson property and should be renamed to “Hotel Crapola! “ From the check-in it went all down hill. I check in about 9pm at night and the ladies at the front desk were complaining in front of me about their hours, management and their GM. I laughed at them and said maybe they shouldn’t talk about that stuff in front of paying customers, and one girl just gave me a horrible look and hardly spoke after that. On purpose she gave me a room that was awful, there was garbage on the floor, the bedding was all wrinkled and the tub had hair in it. I tried to switch rooms but the girl said it’s all they had left. I slept in my clothes that night on top of the sheets and cranked the heat… In the morning the water pressure the heating for the shower was not working properly, when I mentioned it to the housekeeper she laughed at me and said I guess everyone was taking showers the same time this morning. Breakfast was a poor excuse of offering something hot or cold… really untidy buffet and not enough people to keep up with the mass of people eating in the morning. I left the area and went back to my room. Although the coffee was great! I couldn’t take the mess of this hotel and I went back to my room to pack and go to another hotel. Upon check out the gentlemen asked me how my stay was and why I was leaving early, I said I have a horrible night and I wanted to go to another hotel that was more accommodating, he said “Sorry” and gave me my bill. These people need some sort of customer service training; there is no 100% guarantee at this hotel like promised! What they didn’t know is I bring many groups to the area for training, and there will be no way the Radisson will ever get any of my/companies business.
On another note, I jumped ship and went to stay at the Best Western across the street for the rest of the week. It was nice and simple but I slept well and their customer service was amazing.
Hope you find this review helpful when making your accommodations in the Kitchener/Waterloo area.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here At All!