“Good business hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo

You added Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 King Street East, Kitchener, Ontario N2G 2K8, Canada (Formerly Delta Kitchener-Waterloo) (City Commercial Core)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Kitchener
Vancouver, Canada
“Good business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This beautiful hotel has undergone an expensive renovation recently. It shows. Beautiful design is evident everywhere. There are little touches, like aromatherapy amenities to help a guest sleep.

We were there for a business meeting. The food was good and plentiful - unlike most catered meeting fare. The banquets gentleman assigned to us, Stephen, was attentive and obviously took pride in his job.

I would not hesitate to book this venue again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Elmira, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have not actually stayed all night at the Crowne Plaza in Kitchener, but I was taken on a tour because the charity for which I sit on the Board is planning a fund raiser and we are looking for a large ballroom. The Crowne Plaza-Kitchener has just gone through about $15 million in renovations and boy does it show!. The new rooms are spacious, clean, modern, and beautiful. They even have a bowling alley! The swimming pool is being completely remade to have a wall of water, umbrellas, and a "Miami" feel/look.

The two ladies, Robin and Rachelle, who gave the tour were well informed, very nice, extremely helpful, and had answers to questions we hadn't even thought to ask. By the way, the new ballroom is spectacular and classy.

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here in December 2014 for two nights after my family drove up from Connecticut for a funeral. The hotel is situated in a small urban area right next to a university or school of some kind. There are a few takeout restaurants in the area and a hard to find food court in the building across the street.

GOOD Great selection of modern accent furniture was placed around the hotel and the hotel overall looked well maintained. The room was clean, and the beds were comfy as expected. The buffet offerings at the restaurant downstairs {Aqua Restaurant & Lounge} won me over, however. The food was GREAT! We received discount tickets with our room which helped us to save money at the breakfast buffet. There was a great and diverse selection of food items on the buffet. I have to add that the presentation was excellent for a buffet. It was layed out nicely and the staff kept the selections flowing. I was honestly impressed and breakfast selection was just as great and in some cases better than the lunch selections. It was a $20 (USD) well spent.

BAD I'm directionally challenged and the hotel layout made things very interesting for me. We didn’t like the view from the room or the shower. Water went everywhere and I think this could have been avoided if they had curtains or a door of some kind. . We booked two rooms for 7 people to help keep our costs low. I think 2 people would have been great, but 4 people made the room a bit cluster phobic, in other words the rooms aren't that big.

I would stay here for a stopover or if you are visiting relatives.

Room Tip: Ask for directions to your room before you leave the front desk. There are two elevators and if you...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
LucyD442, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear OneWomanStyle,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review in regards to your stay in December. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your newly renovated guestroom. Your feedback regarding the showers has been taken into consideration and a solution to rectify the issue is being developed. Additional signage has been put up in the lobby since you stayed with us in December to assist with guestroom locations.

All of your great comments regarding the breakfast buffet have been passed onto our culinary and restaurant team. Aqua Restaurant & Lounge is something we are very proud of here at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo and we are glad you got to experience everything it has to offer.

Once again, thank you for all your feedback and for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From beginning to end our stay at this hotel was outstanding. I love the new upgrades and the staff is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. The rooms are quiet with in room amenities. There are several nice restaurants in the area for those times that you do not want to eat in. Also it is close to transit.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear c2vtaylor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo. We are very glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and all the renovations that have taken place over the past year. Customer service is something that we pride ourselves on and the great feedback you have provided about the friendly staff has been recognized by our management team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Farmington Hills, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for long holiday weekend to visit friends, staff was friendly and very professional. Rooms are well appointed. Hotel is very clean and up kept. Great location, central downtown. Close to everything. Only issue is parking, it is not very handicapped accessible.

I am in a wheelchair and there are stairs at each entrance except for the main. So I would have been out in the elements to get around hotel to front entrance from the parking area through the alley and around the building. Front desk was very accommodating and let me park to the side in the front since I have my hand controls on the vehicle, it was covered out of the pouring rain to get my chair in and out. Not being soaking wet was much appreciated.

Was very quiet even though there were kids hockey teams and families. Lots of kids in pool area which we didnt try because we were out visiting anyway. Didnt see a hot tub, just a pool.

Bed was super comfortable. Accessible room had shower chair for tub transfer for me. Which was fine. If you need a roll in shower you would need to ask if they have one, there is another accessible room.

Had such a good experience going back in October for October fest. Really looking forward to it.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent one night at this hotel and I was sadly disappointed by the overall poor customer service provided. The front desk staff was unfriendly, I waited 45 minutes at their restaurant for a mediocre flat bread and didn't even get the fries that came with it until I got my bill... a real joke!
I definitely would't recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
LucyD442, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Judy R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am deeply saddened that we did not provide you with the service levels that a Crowne Plaza is known for. I will be reviewing your comments with my staff at the front desk as this is unacceptable behaviour. We are always committed to providing high levels of service to all our guests and we dropped the ball during your stay.

I have also followed up with our Restaurant Manager, Kyle, regarding the comments you made about your experience in our Aqua Lounge Restaurant. What you experienced is definitely not a normal practice in our restaurant and again I apologize that we did not live up to the expectations of a Crowne Plaza brand during your stay.

Feel free to contact me personally if you wish to further discuss your stay and your comments. I do hope that you decide to stay with us again on your next visit to Kitchener so you can experience the levels of service that we as a Crowne Plaza are known for.

Warm Regards,

Lucy Domingos
Front Office Manager
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

We stayed at the Crowne for one night. The front desk staff were very friendly, efficient and courteous. The room was nicely decorated and the beds extremely comfortable. We had breakfast at the hotel in the morning, the staff again were great, the buffet breakfast was okay, nothing special but it was a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
LucyD442, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, March 31, 2015
Dear Mumbo82,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo. We are glad to hear that your short stay was a pleasant one and the front desk team were very friendly and courteous. Your comments regarding the breakfast buffet just being okay have been passed on to our culinary team to see where improvements can be made.

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo for your accommodation needs while traveling and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo? Share your experiences!