“Nice family dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Kitchener
Lions Head
“Nice family dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had dinner here with five members of our family and found it to be great. The waiter was fun, and we kidded around with him about the food etc., as he was new, and had not tried some of our appetizers. All were very good. We stay here a couple times a year and find the location perfect and the rooms satisfactory.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnKitchener, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Jean519,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Kitchener - Waterloo. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience in Embers and thank you for being such a loyal guest. Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we will be sure to share it with the staff!

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to submit a review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Firstly, I was staying in the back of the hotel, which I'm told is the older part. So maybe if you stay in another section your experience might be better.
Good things: the lounge I was really impressed with. Fireplace and tvs. Comfy chairs, nice bar. The gym was one of the best hotel gyms I've ever seen. Free weights, machines and a universal gym.
Bad: no sanitizing spray for in the gym!!! Gross!! Not even wipes. The yoga balls need air. Rooms don't have fridge or microwave. You have to pay $15 for it and it's first come. My bathroom was very dated and mold in shower. Breakfast isn't included.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in front of hotel not the back.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnKitchener, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Trxyt,
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Kitchener – Waterloo.
I’d like to thank you for your feedback on your experience, as feedback is the only way we can learn about what we are doing well and what we can improve on. I will be taking your comments to the General Manager and we will see about implementing some of the items in your comment.
We are glad that you enjoyed your experience and the atmosphere of the lounge!
Please let me know if you would like to discuss anything about your stay further by contacting me at cfullerton@fortisproperties.com.

Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us.
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great Hotel! The staff go the extra mile to make you feel at home. The business class room I stayed in was comfortable, spacious and very clean. The breakfast buffet in the morning was wonderful! There was lots of options to chose from - bacon and eggs,french toast, cereal or fruit. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Lange83,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Kitchener - Waterloo! We really appreciate all of your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed our Breakfast Buffet, we like it too!
Thank you again for staying and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Petawawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were in Kitchener for a curling bonspiel. As it happened that was the most inexpensive part of the whole adventure. We had pre-booked the room so the initial price was no surprise. But the quality of the room did not warrant the price. I should have realized when other hotels in town were fully booked and this one was not. Apart from the room and the leaking around the window when it rained the only good thing I could say about it was the heated floor in the bathroom. Unfortunately the dining room (The Embers) was also expensive. The food was better than good but not great. They had a hard time keeping the food for the buffet warm in the morning. Service was excellent with some of the most efficient staff around. Thanks gang. Parking was free with plenty available. Apart from the price an ok visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear David P,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener for your recent stay.

We especially enjoyed reading that the service was excellent. The secret to our success is our commitment and dedication to the daily service we provide; as customer satisfaction is our number one priority.

We have a great team here that always make sure guest expectations are met. Moreover, we are thrilled to know that our team was appreciated and recognized. We’ll pass it on to them.

We sincerely appreciate your business, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Kitchener. We would love to have you stay with us again, whenever you are in the area. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

What a great hotel, fantastic location and superb service. It was my first time in Kitchener on business and this Holiday Inn provided me with a first class experience. As a female traveler I felt very safe here. The business class room was very impressive, comfortable and clean. It featured a larger washroom with lots of counter space.

This hotel understands business travelers and the extra little comforts that are appreciated when traveling often. All staff were friendly and always greeted me with a smile. The front desk agents were helpful with directions, and answered my questions about the area. Another great part of my stay was in the quaint lounge and dining room. The staff are young but provided me with a dining experience I would expect from a seasoned veteran server.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear DWmusttravel,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comment with other Tripadvisor readers.

We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure you had a comfortable and memorable stay. We especially enjoyed reading that you had a first class experience and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

We are truly humbled by your appreciation of all the things our Hotel had to offer. It means a lot to all of us to know your time with us was so enjoyable.

We thank you DWmusttravel, your review was a joy to read.

Komoka, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel 3 weeks in advance for Oktoberfest this past weekend. Called the hotel around 11:30AM so see if we were able to get check in and they told me my room was not ready and said to try back later. When I called back a little over an hour later I was transferred to the Manager who told me there was a problem with some of the room and I was being moved to the Holiday Inn Waterloo. When I asked why I was not told the first time i called he told me they never checked just told me the room wasnt ready. Completely unacceptable I booked a room in Kitchener for a reason. When I asked how I was supposed to get to Kitchener for the event I was attending I was told there would be shuttle both ways. Of course, I only received shuttle one way and they did not pay for my cab as they said they would. I would NEVER, EVER book a room here again, they have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere but here!!!
Thank goodness for the kind and helpful staff at the Waterloo Holiday Inn who were very apologetic even though it was not their fault at all!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Good Day ljs019,

I would like to send you a personal thank you for the comments you gave us on Tripadvisor. I am very disappointed that your experience was not up to our standards.

I would like to take some time and discuss your individual experience in more detail with you. Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or by telephone at (519) 894-8526.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good hotel to stay in. Room was clean and comfortable.
The staff were nice. I didn't get to try the breakfast because I left too early each day but the dinner at the restaurant was expensive. I ended up going out of the hotel for dinners each night.
I was excited to try out the pool and hot tub but it was out of service. boo.
Nice place all around though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear coolusername,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other tripadvisor readers. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their stay with us. We especially enjoyed reading that you had a comfortable room.

Unfortunately we had to renovate our indoor pool during the summer. However, it is back in service now as well as the Jacuzzi and the sauna. Hopefully on your next visit you will be able to try our indoor pool and enjoy the great breakfast selection at Embers Restaurant.

Front Office manager

Been to Holiday Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!